Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

new iOS App: TelloFpv ... finally!

@volate!lo thanks for adding logs to the iOS version of TelloFpv. I find logs useful and love being able to go back over my flights and see the flight path. As many who have had TelloFpv on Android have said for years - your app should replace the stock app by Ryze. TelloFpv is like Litchi is to DJI GO!

With regard to the logs, is there any way to export them as a txt file or a DAT file from TelloFpv?

Thanks for all your hard work.

Chris

Thanks for the compliments :)
There is no way to export logs, as they are stored in SQL databases inside the app which are inaccessible to the user. An export would be technically possible but very very few users need such feature so this was left out.

Thanks for the compliments :)
There is no way to export logs, as they are stored in SQL databases inside the app which are inaccessible to the user. An export would be technically possible but very very few users need such feature so this was left out.
Understood.
Today I had a chance to test TelloFpv out in the wild (outside) as the snow is beginning to melt in the bush and now tree residue and dust makes the snow dirty so the VPS can distinguish a surface. TelloFpv is definitely leaps ahead of the stock app. Tried out the pano function and it worked perfectly. Will be trying out more functions as weather warms and snow melts. TelloFpv has breathed new life into my Tello.
One quick question - When I was flying, Tello suddenly decided to go into landing mode probably because VPS got confused on the snow. I held the left stick up and Tello briefly touched down but resumed flight. Is there anyway to override VPS in situations like this or is it hard wired in firmware?

Chris

If an autolanding was triggered by VPS you can typically but not always cancel it with stick up. But there is no way to turn off VPS that I am aware of

If an autolanding was triggered by VPS you can typically but not always cancel it with stick up. But there is no way to turn off VPS that I am aware of
Thanks, that’s what I thought but I was was just curious if you had found a way around it in TelloFpv.

Chris

Reactions: volate!lo
Also - Cruise Control is in the IOS feature set, yet the PDF manual only shows it under Controller Mapping. Is Cruise Control not available without an external controller?

headless with "dynamic=on" equals "home lock", headless with "dynamic=off" equals course lock:

Cruise control, just like rate boost, rate limit, and maybe a few other functions, are only available if using a controller.
Apple does not allow apps to use hardware buttons, and adding onscreen buttons for such features is not feasible

Reactions: HAndy
Hello, today I fly for the first time with TelloFPV app. Unfortunately, only inside, strong wind was today. Im so impressed. Working perfect with my XS, but, and with this im so happy working perfect with my controller Rotor Riot. Volate!lo Respect(y)

Reactions: volate!lo
Hello, today I fly for the first time with TelloFPV app. Unfortunately, only inside, strong wind was today. Im so impressed. Working perfect with my XS, but, and with this im so happy working perfect with my controller Rotor Riot. Volate!lo Respect(y)
Hi are you using it wired to a apple phone ?
Regards

Hi, sorry for late:);):D, yes, im using with iPhone XS by the cable.

I got the app, and ****** this should have been the app the drone shipped with 🤣. The disable confirm takeoff option alone was so useful already! Mapping of buttons and learnt to love the rate limit option felt like pressing down on the accelerator on a car. Auto enabling of previously connected gamepad is also another godsend.

Video feed once dropped though in my hour of testing, but controls work. RTH doesn’t quite work well indoors, it just confidently flew into my little fake plant pot to get home. Still have a lot to learn about the app but what I found so far has been just amazing.

Hello - I just downloaded the Tello FPV app from the app store. I got it all working with my GameSir but there's an issue I can't solve. Where/how do you download photos/videos?? I don't have the #12 on my screen (?)

12- Recording time / Photo downloadScreen Shot 2022-03-11 at 11.52.21 AM.png

Hello - I just downloaded the Tello FPV app from the app store. I got it all working with my GameSir but there's an issue I can't solve. Where/how do you download photos/videos?? I don't have the #12 on my screen (?)

12- Recording time / Photo downloadView attachment 7093
On iOS it just goes to your Photos App and you can view your photos/videos there.

Chris

Also, 12 is the 360 photo/video button. It takes either a 360 video or photos shot in 360 degrees. Can’t remember exactly how many photos - 10 I think. Not sure why you don’t have that button. Maybe try reinstalling the app. @volate!lo will probably be around to answer your questions better than I can.

Chris

Are you able to take photos/video with the regular button #8 and are they saved to your photos App.

Chris
Nope. All permissions for the app. and photos have been granted as well. I just emailed the developer. Maybe he has some answers (?)

Nope. All permissions for the app. and photos have been granted as well. I just emailed the developer. Maybe he has some answers (?)
What about the regular Ryze Tello app? It saves media inside the app then you have to transfer it to photos. Is it working properly?

If not then your problem likely has something to do with settings on your phone.

Chris

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv