Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New Micro Drone 4.0

Can possibly be a nice drone, but currently its vaporware - Existing only on paper.
And even that campaign gives inconsistent info: weight is listed as 120gr and 115gr. Flight time is listed as 12min and 13min. Range is stated as 400ft and 500ft with phone... If they can't get the specs right then how could anyone give them money. Drone pledges don't have a high success rate, many people lost money on kickstarter drones.

Drawbacks:
Tello has a proven track of extremely long lasting motors. This one not (yet)
But it doesn't need long life motors because the gimbal will fail before the motors. A gimbal is always fragile, and mosttellos survive many crashes.
Geared motors but claiming high speeds? hard to believe
Their description of the brushed gimbal motor control sounds strange

I think its a valuable addition to the drone market if (!) it delivers on the promises. But given its just vaporware I haven't given them money.

Price tag of $200 is far too high for a brushed quad, even with gimbal. This will be priced around $120 or it will just not sell.

For that price range, there are a lot of better quads out there.

Reactions: Flydrone
While the Micro Drone 4 looks good, vazmuten's link leads to some doubts. also, since I already own 7 drones (Millenium Falcon, X-Wing, Yuneec H, Yuneec Typhoon Q500 4K, Syma, and my Tello and another Micro drone by Smarter Image, any more drones would be a hard sell to my wife, who already is looking at me funny when I talk drones. Let me think now, risking 34 years of Marital Bliss ..... or another drone. Decisions decisions...... (Just kidding, no contest!)

While the Micro Drone 4 looks good, vazmuten's link leads to some doubts. also, since I already own 7 drones (Millenium Falcon, X-Wing, Yuneec H, Yuneec Typhoon Q500 4K, Syma, and my Tello and another Micro drone by Smarter Image, any more drones would be a hard sell to my wife, who already is looking at me funny when I talk drones. Let me think now, risking 34 years of Marital Bliss ..... or another drone. Decisions decisions...... (Just kidding, no contest!)
I know right? So when does the new drone arrive?

Try telling her you need this new drone to do videography of the grandkids for the future, to play it when they get older.
Now that is the first reply that sounds like the voice of experience...... and success.

Reactions: Ansia
I would....but.... that's how I got the Tello. Have to try a new tact... It's also how I got my new Typhoon H. There is no way I will get away with that a third time. I told her the Typhoon H was for our Cross-Canada trip we are planning with Aria. I told her the Tello was for everywhere you can't fly the H. I think it is a lost cause.

I would....but.... that's how I got the Tello. Have to try a new tact... It's also how I got my new Typhoon H. There is no way I will get away with that a third time. I told her the Typhoon H was for our Cross-Canada trip we are planning with Aria. I told her the Tello was for everywhere you can't fly the H. I think it is a lost cause.
Something is wrong with the H. It doesn't work and we are soon leaving for our trip with Aria. I need this new drone, so I can take it with us. I'll take care of the H when we get back. Then "look honey, I fixed it"

Reactions: Daantello
That might work, except she knows my Q500 4K also has an excellent camera. I got the H by pointing out how much safer 6 rotors are than 4.
I'm sorry I have failed you. So, what drones do you have and which one is the one you wanted?

Edit: I saw you already posted your fleet. Still curious what other drone you want.

you just need hidden cash. Now how do adult man in a typical relationship accumulate some cash?

Next time you do a boys trip you save the money for the private dancer and voila... it's a mantis

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv