Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New Micro Drone 4.0

Ash Hall has been trolling our team for years and he has very selectively chosen to to omit the facts to list a bunch of wild accusations. For example he links to a fake TrustPilot account
So you come here, post something without proof to back up what you say then disappear.

Ash Hall has been trolling our team for years and he has very selectively chosen to to omit the facts to list a bunch of wild accusations. For example he links to a fake TrustPilot account
Maybe. I didn't even bother to read most of this.
I just watched a few things you published yourself and decided that I'd wait for a public release and public tests before committing any money. Your "like for like" comparison video with the Inspire made my day...
Thats like some Yugo vendor saying that it's almost like a Bugatti Veyron because both are only allowed 50km/h in the city.

Reactions: Finn the Human
Maybe. I didn't even bother to read most of this.
I just watched a few things you published yourself and decided that I'd wait for a public release and public tests before committing any money. Your "like for like" comparison video with the Inspire made my day...
Thats like some Yugo vendor saying that it's almost like a Bugatti Veyron because both are only allowed 50km/h in the city.
They still make the Yugo?

Reactions: Finn the Human
I think they had a Kickstarter campaign to fund the tooling. Or was it to fool the funders? something like this

Reactions: Ansia
So you come here, post something without proof to back up what you say then disappear.
Let me know if you have any questions, would love to expand on some of the technical details of the Drone. We have developed the first micro gimbal to use a brushed motor which uses a new generation motor controller, we are calling it Pulse Drive Brushed Gimbal (PDBR), basically turning a low cost budget Drone into a device that can shoot smooth video.

They still make the Yugo?
Just to clarify the purpose of the comparison video isn't to say Micro Drone 4.0 is better than Inspire 2, on the contrary, it's just that the comparison footage provided to us was shot using the Inspire and when we set that to 4K Youtube resizes the pixels and it distorts (I have put a link to the original). So far the response has been great and people have been super happy with the video quality. Would love to provide a testing unit to one of the admins of this group to try out for your information. Thanks!

Reactions: davemgood
Let me know if you have any questions, would love to expand on some of the technical details of the Drone. We have developed the first micro gimbal to use a brushed motor which uses a new generation motor controller, we are calling it Pulse Drive Brushed Gimbal (PDBR), basically turning a low cost budget Drone into a device that can shoot smooth video.
What upsets me id the video comparison againsy the Inspire. I would like to see the parameters usef in the editing of the video. What this reminds me is of a few yeard back, when Nokia released the Windows Phone with a 21MP camera and launched the commercial with "shooting" video from the phone. Turned out to be a DSLR camera...

Just to clarify the purpose of the comparison video isn't to say Micro Drone 4.0 is better than Inspire 2, on the contrary, it's just that the comparison footage provided to us was shot using the Inspire and when we set that to 4K Youtube resizes the pixels and it distorts (I have put a link to the original). So far the response has been great and people have been super happy with the video quality. Would love to provide a testing unit to one of the admins of this group to try out for your information. Thanks!
Those @BigAl07 and @dirkclod

Reactions: BigAl07
Lets compare it with a drone similar to yours. How does it compare to a JJRC X9 Heron or Cy-Fly Dream? Are you able to do a comparison of them against the Micro 4.0?

What upsets me id the video comparison againsy the Inspire. I would like to see the parameters usef in the editing of the video. What this reminds me is of a few yeard back, when Nokia released the Windows Phone with a 21MP camera and launched the commercial with "shooting" video from the phone. Turned out to be a DSLR camera...
I see, I think it's fair to say the Inspire 2 is leaps and bounds ahead in terms of resolution and quality but we had a challenge matching it up to play on YouTube without their encoder making it go funny.

I see, I think it's fair to say the Inspire 2 is leaps and bounds ahead in terms of resolution and quality but we had a challenge matching it up to play on YouTube without their encoder making it go funny.
Have you consider using Vimeo? Their compression system is a lot better than Youtube.

I'll take a look, thanks! Then problem is when you embed the Youtube video, it resizes the pixels and the higher resolution video gets distorted

Hi Vernon,

I've seen Micro Drone 4.0. I heard good things about 3.0. The current trend is about attempting to cram the technology of larger drones into a drone the size of the Tello. I'll pick up one. Looking forward to it.

Reactions: BigAl07
Sorry Ansia I just saw this flag .
I havn't had the time to read this thread so sorry but just from what I see here you are trying to promote
another drone here am I correct ?

Reactions: Ansia
Sorry Ansia I just saw this flag .

I havn't had the time to read this thread so sorry but just from what I see here you are trying to promote
another drone here am I correct ?
Not exacly. It started as a member asking what we thought about it and at some point the creator popped in. We voiced our concerns in the not most positive way and he offered a demo bird to the admins. I do not know if you guys are interested, but I am curious on how well this new bird flies.

Not exacly. It started as a member asking what we thought about it and at some point the creator popped in. We voiced our concerns in the not most positive way and he offered a demo bird to the admins. I do not know if you guys are interested, but I am curious on how well this new bird flies.

I've reached out to the creator and I'm more than willing to try it out.

He's probably like me in that he has Google Alerts set up for when his product is mentioned on the web. I have my company name, my name, and several other "key words" set up to give me alerts so I can follow up.

Reactions: dirkclod and Ansia
Let's take a moment to "Refresh" on a couple of the rules here (emphasis added by Me) because I see a slight trend happening and we need to nip it in the bud:

Community Guidelines

Treat each other with respect just as you would if you were meeting in person for coffee before enjoying a day of flying together in shared airspace.

2. Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Excessive sarcasm, belligerence, insults, profanity, anger, offensive comments about race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, and national origin, are not acceptable.

14. We take the "be nice" rule VERY seriously! We do not tolerate discourtesy or disrespect.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv