Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

new tello, can't update firmware

kierank01

Reaction score
Hi, having an issue updating the firmware.

The app is reporting that the current version is 01.04.92.01, and when I attempt to update it says it's the latest firmware.

I have seen the other threads, saying to install the app version 1.1.1, which I have tried, but it says the same thing, but in Chinese.

First question I suppose, is 1.4.92.1 actually the latest version, and if not, how do I go about updating?
My phone is a oneplus 5T

First question I suppose, is 1.4.92.1 actually the latest version, and if not, how do I go about updating?
I don't know if yours is the latest version or not, but the better question is: Why do you feel compelled to have to update the firmware?

After reading all the horror stories of bricked Tellos during an attempt to update firmware, I have never updated firmware on either of my two - and they fly just fine!

These are the FW versions they came with out of the box:
Buzzy - 01.04.35.01
Tbird - 01.04.88.01

Also, check out the TelloFPV app demo in the Play Store.... 10x better than the OEM app, and the paid version is cheap.

Good luck

Reactions: kierank01
Couple of reasons, I suppose...
The first time I turned it on, it almost immediately overheated, the release notes for 2.05.01.13, on the app suggested better heat optimization.

Also having difficulty controlling it, seems to drift slowly in one direction, with no input...when I try to correct, it seems to go off in the opposite direction, and crashes into a wall or something....having read up, it seems I might need to calibrate it...just need to find a level surface :LOL:
There was a small manufacturing defect on one of the propellers, which I have filed off, seems to have changed the direction of the drift...I think.

The model number is TLW004

Haven't installed the demo FPV app yet...waiting on a gamesir & wifi repeater to be delivered, and don't want the demo to expire before I get them...

Reactions: Maui
Hi, having an issue updating the firmware.

The app is reporting that the current version is 01.04.92.01, and when I attempt to update it says it's the latest firmware.

I have seen the other threads, saying to install the app version 1.1.1, which I have tried, but it says the same thing, but in Chinese.

My phone is a oneplus 5T
I contacted DJI help, and after many emails they helped. I insisted it was a software problem and explained that many people on this forum are reporting the same issue. They insisted several times that I had to send the drone in for repair, but I kept insisting it was a software issue and asked them to refer me to someone else that could help. After several emails they finally sent me an APK file with a version that worked on an android phone from xiaomi. I followed the instructions to update firmware and problem solved. The App version is 1.4.0.0.

Hello can you send or Givenchy link to this version, also have problem with tello support sucks

I contacted DJI help, and after many emails they helped. I insisted it was a software problem and explained that many people on this forum are reporting the same issue. They insisted several times that I had to send the drone in for repair, but I kept insisting it was a software issue and asked them to refer me to someone else that could help. After several emails they finally sent me an APK file with a version that worked on an android phone from xiaomi. I followed the instructions to update firmware and problem solved. The App version is 1.4.0.0.
Can you please share the APK? I tried downloading this version from various sources but it keeps on crashing

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv