Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New to Tello... YouTube no help

Davpmars

Reaction score
I am familiar with drones. I want to get one for my kids and I have some questions that YouTube has not been able to clearly answer.

Can I connect the Tello to a tablet? My kids all have Amazon Kindle Fire and we also have a Samsung Galaxy Tab. They do not have smart phones.

Can you fly 2 Tello in the same area. Like can you fly two Tello in your living room without the signals getting crossed?

Reactions: dirkclod
The Galaxy Tab should work fine as to connect to the Tello all you need is WiFi, but you have to download the Tello app from the Play Store.I strongly suggest you also buy TelloFPV from the Play Store, the author is active on this forum. You need to use the official Ryze app to activate the Tello but after that TelloFPV is a much superior experience.

I don't know if the official Tello app is available for the Amazon devices, probably not. I suspect also that TelloFPV is not.

I am pretty sure that multiple Tellos can co-exist. Each Tello is effectively a WiFi access point to which you connect your tablet and so should be able to co-exist with other WiFi access points and hence other Tellos.

Reactions: richardbenjamin
There are three Tello's. the standard, EDU, and Ironman. They are not the same with various features.

We have several and some. Two can usually in the same area. The more you learn about WiFi the better they will fly. Definitely a problem at times..

If you learn to program the EDU, it can fly with programming in Python, Windows batch commands, etc. Most apps are written in Android or IOS, so most android tablets will work. . Doubt the Amazon Kindle Fire will work.

I hope this helps some. These are great learning tools, and fun to fly.

At present there are three Tello's The newest one is the ironman, next the EDU, and the first one is basic. Price goes up as you get the newer one usually. It depends on what you want to do with it. i.e. take phot6os/video, program/code/math, or play games. We are into educational uses, so it has got to be the EDU. For a beginner with no experience or objects, the basic is the cheapest and probably easiest to learn to fly. The Ironman is more attractive, and has more animated software. However it is the highest price.
There is a new one called the DJI Robomaster Tello Talent being sold now in Asia, but no here. best one for tinkering and education Maybe best to wait until Veterans Day. Tat seems to be the day that DJI uses to make new things available for the USA market, getting ready for the Christmas gift market..
I hope this helps.

Standard, education and iron man are all more or less the same.

Standard version can be programmed, but no mission pads or swarms.

Iron man has a separate app which gives some virtual missions. Hardware is the same, just different colours.

Edu can be used in router mode to fly swarms, and can be used to recognise mission pads. Again same hardware

Tello Talent seems to be the same hardware once again but with a different firmware to support the additional clip-on module. But I haven't had my fingers on one so not sure

Reactions: Fari
Can I connect the Tello to a tablet? Yes, any device that has WiFi can connect to Tello

Can you fly 2 Tello in the same area. Like can you fly two Tello in your living room without the signals getting crossed?
Yes, each device/phone/tablet connect to Tello using WiFi individually so there will be no signals getting crossed
but you can't connect 2 Tello using single device/phone/tablet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James_All-In