Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New user from Boston USA

NEDan

Reaction score
Hi, Dan here from New England, MA, USA. New England Dan (NEDan).
I just ordered A Tello in order to give it a try again after giving up in frustration about 7-8 years ago on small Hubsan, Walkera, and Syma toy drones.
I do hope the Tello works for me as a learning tool that I'll want to keep when I move up in size. For now though, I'm looking forward to getting the Tello and exploring .

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .(y)

Reactions: NEDan
I bought a Tello and about a week later I bought a Mavic Pro. The Tello is a great introduction and is still fun even after buying a bigger drone.

Welcome to the forum Dan. Great place for information and sharing your photos and videos. You will find a huge difference between the tello and those hubsan and syma drones. If you use an android device you will find the tellofpv app to be the best flight app for the tello. Fly safe have fun. ?

I bought the Tellofpv app, I like a few things about it better than the stock app.

Welcome. I was born (years ago) and raised in Boston. I now live in Attleboro. I bought my first drone, a used Mavic Pro Fly More Combo, about a year ago. It's amazing. I bought a Tello Boost Combo on Black Friday. I love it. I've been using it more than my Mavic Pro. It just doesn't like the wind. As suggested, if you have an android phone, purchase the Tello FPV app. It brings the Tello to a new level. I've also purchased a GameSir T1s controller and a WiFi extender. This forum is full of knowledge, keep up with it. Another app, which I play with, is DroneBlocks. It lets you program the Tello to do maneuvers. Good luck.

Reactions: Terry
That's funny because I decided to order my Tello a couple of days ago and I am already looking at a bigger one.
I've had my Tello for several weeks now and also bought the TelloFPV app, the Gamesir controller and the wi-fi extender. I'm enjoying learning and flying the Tello but I have had my share of crashes and broken propellers already. It's been windy for several days so I haven't been able to fly outside much (it really does NOT do well in any kind of wind) so I try it indoors but then the VPS doesn't work well and I crash indoors, too. So far, mine has survived pretty well. I'm still a bit challenged with the controls. I'm not a "gamer" and I'm over 60 so things take me a litte longer than they used to. But I too, am looking at the bigger drones now and spend a lot of free time watching YouTube and reading about various drones. My next one will likely be the Mavic Mini. I'm also contemplating the little racing drones and trying out FPV (EMax EZ Pilot). This hobby can get expensive!

Reactions: Terry
I've had my Tello for several weeks now and also bought the TelloFPV app, the Gamesir controller and the wi-fi extender. I'm enjoying learning and flying the Tello but I have had my share of crashes and broken propellers already. It's been windy for several days so I haven't been able to fly outside much (it really does NOT do well in any kind of wind) so I try it indoors but then the VPS doesn't work well and I crash indoors, too. So far, mine has survived pretty well. I'm still a bit challenged with the controls. I'm not a "gamer" and I'm over 60 so things take me a litte longer than they used to. But I too, am looking at the bigger drones now and spend a lot of free time watching YouTube and reading about various drones. My next one will likely be the Mavic Mini. I'm also contemplating the little racing drones and trying out FPV (EMax EZ Pilot). This hobby can get expensive!
Us old guys can still have fun..?

Hi, Dan here from New England, MA, USA. New England Dan (NEDan).
I just ordered A Tello in order to give it a try again after giving up in frustration about 7-8 years ago on small Hubsan, Walkera, and Syma toy drones.
I do hope the Tello works for me as a learning tool that I'll want to keep when I move up in size. For now though, I'm looking forward to getting the Tello and exploring .

Welcome! You're going to love the Tello! Value for the dollar, it is the best drone on the market, hands down!!! This is a great form! It is very active and you should be able to find an answer here to almost any question related to a Tello. The only stupid question is the one that you don't ask. We are all looking forward to seeing some pictures and videos! Enjoy the Tello!

One quick suggestion right off the top is to purchase the TelloFPV app. It is leaps and bounds above the stock app and any other 3rd party app out there.....and as a bonus, Volate!lo is the app Dev and a very active member in the forum. He is a great guy and very helpful!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv