Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

No picture/video transfer to android phone

xa6driver

Reaction score
Bought the Tello as gift to a neighbors kid interested in a start up drone to take some pictures/videos in the least complicated format possible. Discovered images were not transferred to my Android Note 8 in any recognizable format. I have two DJI drones, MP and the Spark. Both of which require a learning curve. Thought the Tello would be an easy introduction for this kid to get started. Sadly, I find the the images captured on my android device are not of any use. If I can't find a solution to my problem no way will I put this kid through this aggravation. Apparently, Rize Tello has no support website to answer this question so before I return this product thought I would solicit from others that might have had this same problem.

Dont look in the Gallery. Find another viewer editor like Snapseed and see if that would help

Another member posted a solution namely that in the Tello app is where the pictures/video are stored. Selecting the playback arrow allows you to view/edit/forward or save to your phone. Without following this procedure all you'll see in Gallery are grayed out images. No third party app required but out of curiosity I'll check out Snapseed..thanks for the response.

This is what I did to correct the problem of not storing vids or photos.
Enter your Android settings,
Under settings go to your Apps.
Open the Tello App.
Open the Permissions TAb and allow Locations and Storage to be on.
Location will allow T1d controller to be recognized by Tello App Bluetooth funtion
Storage will cause your pix and vids to be saved in Smart phone..
This procedure worked for me.
Good Luck and Happy Quading!!!!!!!!

This is what I did to correct the problem of not storing vids or photos.
Enter your Android settings,
Under settings go to your Apps.
Open the Tello App.
Open the Permissions TAb and allow Locations and Storage to be on.
Location will allow T1d controller to be recognized by Tello App Bluetooth funtion
Storage will cause your pix and vids to be saved in Smart phone..
This procedure worked for me.
Good Luck and Happy Quading!!!!!!!!
Worked for me as well...thanks

To make certain they are not there you could download a file explorer for Android (I use FX but many like ES). The photos are in \pictures\TelloPhoto and the videos are in \TelloVideo

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv