Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

No pictures or video recorded to my phone

dougnash0

Reaction score
I have tried to record pictures and video from Tello but nothing is recorded. The camera is working but not recording to my phone. Android Moto E2. I have adequate storage and the phone controls the Tello properly otherwise. I am. testing indoors without a repeater so this is at close range.

It works with my Asus Zen tablet. Can anyone explain why some Android phones work and other not at all or have issues with the Tello? It's great to have such an inexpensive drone that takes pictures and has interesting features but having to buy a different phone to operate it is a bit of a problem. Is Ryze working on this? Tello won't work at all with my Kyocera Duraforce Pro which is my main phone.

It could be a bug of the Tello App. This happened to me recently, but it worked again the next time. Try to use TelloFPV (there is a free demo aswell). Good luck!

It works with my Asus Zen tablet. Can anyone explain why some Android phones work and other not at all or have issues with the Tello? It's great to have such an inexpensive drone that takes pictures and has interesting features but having to buy a different phone to operate it is a bit of a problem. Is Ryze working on this? Tello won't work at all with my Kyocera Duraforce Pro which is my main phone.

Development for android is not a trivial task. Android is very fragmented, with a few dozen main Android version, but hundreds of flavors. There is a few thousand different phone models, each with a (slightly or heavily) customized Android.

IOS on the other hand has a handful of devices, and a handful of OS versions, all under a centralized control. Much easier to achieve consistent results.

Development for android is not a trivial task. Android is very fragmented, with a few dozen main Android version, but hundreds of flavors. There is a few thousand different phone models, each with a (slightly or heavily) customized Android.

IOS on the other hand has a handful of devices, and a handful of OS versions, all under a centralized control. Much easier to achieve consistent results.
Hi happy flying, check the media apps on your cell phone, the video feed is being provided by Wi-Fi the Bluetooth a media app on your phone should accept the information and send it to a media album on your phone. Try downloading a third-party media application

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv