Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Personal distance record 644 metres using WIFI repeater

Alex aklass

Reaction score
I was nearly lost my Tello last night. Flew it 644 metres away and couldn't get it all the way back because of the wind gusts and the battery charge. It's landed 335 metres away from me in a tall grass and took me 4 hours to find it )))

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210909-161604_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20210909-161604_Video Player.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_20210909-164631_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20210909-164631_Video Player.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 28
  • 20210908_195701.jpg
    20210908_195701.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 32
I was nearly lost my Tello last night. Flew it 644 metres away and couldn't get it all the way back because of the wind gusts and the battery charge. It's landed 335 metres away from me in a tall grass and took me 4 hours to find it )))
the distance is a bit on the crazy side,, I met a guy here in SA who modified a mi2 to fit the tello and used another as base station and did 1000m

Reactions: Alex aklass
I'm agree with you, it's a bit to far for a such a small drone. I just want it try and see how far it could go. Didn't made any modifications to the repeater, just connected how it is. I have video uploaded on YouTube if you be interested.
I'm agree with you, it's a bit to far for a such a small drone. I just want it try and see how far it could go. Didn't made any modifications to the repeater, just connected how it is. I have video uploaded on YouTube if you be interested.
such an amazing little "toy" that's very far... what happened it just disconnected? and fell? great flight btw

such an amazing little "toy" that's very far... what happened it just disconnected? and fell? great flight btw
Thank you. It's just landed on the way back with 7% battery left. I didn't switched off the auto land function in the app which I probably should. It would be just about enough for it to get back.

at very low battery you cant override the auto landing.. i have tried it will a few times and then suddenly it will force land no matter what you do.

Was it RTh coming back?

The video is so cool its so amazing the tello... especially the iron man... i had one till last week... my 3rd tello in the last few weeks died on me,, so lets try and try again... i love it despite the blah blah whatever reliability or whatever ..

imagine having another mi2 like 300meters down on a high pole... would be cray..

Reactions: Alex aklass
at very low battery you cant override the auto landing.. i have tried it will a few times and then suddenly it will force land no matter what you do.

Was it RTh coming back?

The video is so cool its so amazing the tello... especially the iron man... i had one till last week... my 3rd tello in the last few weeks died on me,, so lets try and try again... i love it despite the blah blah whatever reliability or whatever ..

imagine having another mi2 like 300meters down on a high pole... would be cray..
I switched RTH when I decided to go home, it started to move in to my side but took about 100 meters to the right side for some reason. I think because of the grass pattern it couldn't find the right way home, the grass is probably so confusing for the sensor. I lost a bit of time on that. I should just return it home manually. The battery was still at 66% when switched to RTH, and the wind gusts from the side didn't help either. Here is the last portion of the screen record. Thanks for your opinion about the video. I really love this little drone.

Was it RTh coming back?

It seems like like I can't attach the video here for some reason or I'm doing something wrong.🤔

Reactions: InHumanForm
I have an idea/question?

I also almost lost a tello and then it automatically conneted again while searching, can't we use some wifi signal app etc? I mean by connecting directly to it,,, it can connect from pretty far away. i mean without mi2

Broooooo, this is terrifying to watch.. See it drifting off, why is the distance getting more? are you not coming back on the vide

Broooooo, this is terrifying to watch.. See it drifting off, why is the distance getting more? are you not coming back on the video?

Broooooo, this is terrifying to watch.. See it drifting off, why is the distance getting more? are you not coming back on the video?

It was still 300m away from me when I first got the low battery warning at 20% so I decided to land it on the path with the shorter grass where I could find it easy. I turned it left a bit but at the end the signal got weak and I couldn't control the drone any more and the dron flew over the path and landed in to the grass. I've picture from the flight log, it's not very accurate, I putted blue cross where it approximately landed. You can see on this picture how it was drifting to the right on RTH. I don't know why, because of the wind or because of the sensor or maybe both. But what I should do for sure it's return it back home manually. Next time ))

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210909-214317_Tello FPV.jpg
    Screenshot_20210909-214317_Tello FPV.jpg
    505.1 KB · Views: 13
Broooooo, this is terrifying to watch.. See it drifting off, why is the distance getting more? are you not coming back on the vide

I have an idea/question?

I also almost lost a tello and then it automatically conneted again while searching, can't we use some wifi signal app etc? I mean by connecting directly to it,,, it can connect from pretty far away. i mean without mi2
There is some apps that called wifi busters or similar. I've never tried any of them so far.

Hi so how at 387m ( 1m 50s) you got a wifi signal weak did you manage to double the range.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv