Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Problems with take off

Braincloud

Reaction score
Hello fellow Tello pilots,

My name is Steven and I live in the Netherlands.
I recently bought a DJI Tello drone. After a few flights I made a mistake and flew against the antenna from my car. One prop bounced off of the drone, flew in the grass and never found again. Luckily there are 4 spare props so no complaining, put on another prop, checked the other 3 and it was good to go again.
Now the problem; I slide to take off, every prop goes spinning, drone wants to take off but it seems like one prop doesn't have the power to lift off. So 3 sides go in the air but 1 side stays on the ground so the drone almost flips. With that "flipping", it f*cked up 3!!! of my props. So now I don't have any spare ones left. Does someone know what I can do?
What I already did:
1. I reset the drone with holding the power button for 5 seconds when it's turned off.
2. I upgdated the firmware.
3. Lifted the props a little bit from the pins where they are in.
4. Spin the props manually and didn't notice any friction.

I hope someone can help me because I had a lot of fun with it and now I don't know what tot do.

Kind regards,
Steven.

It sounds like you use the wrong prop in the first repair.
Props come in two flavours: clock and counter-clock directions, and initially you had 2 CW and 2 CCW. The clockwise ones have a little mark at the top near the center, the others have no mark.
Clockwise goes on front-left and aft-right motors, the counter-clock ones in the other motors. If you got on of them wrong you know what happens. If you have them all wrong the drone will blow air into the sky and not move at all.

Reactions: Bsotoiii
D*mn bro, I feel so f-ing stupid right now. Checked if that could be the case but it looked like the props were all the same.
Thanks man!! You made my day!

Cheers!!

just a little "braincloud" I guess.

A hint: Get a few OEM spare props. Some have luck with cheap aftermarket, but some get into trouble.

I recently bought a DJI Tello drone. After a few flights I made a mistake and flew against the antenna from my car. One prop bounced off of the drone, flew in the grass and never found again. Luckily there are 4 spare props so no complaining, put on another prop, checked the other 3 and it was good to go again.
Now the problem; I slide to take off, every prop goes spinning, drone wants to take off but it seems like one prop doesn't have the power to lift off. So 3 sides go in the air but 1 side stays on the ground so the drone almost flips. With that "flipping", it f*cked up 3!!! of my props. So now I don't have any spare ones left. Does someone know what I can do?
What I already did:
1. I reset the drone with holding the power button for 5 seconds when it's turned off.

I hope someone can help me because I had a lot of fun with it and now I don't know what tot do.

Kind regards,
Steven.
We have had that same problems several times. The solution MAY be relatively easy. Two props have to be in counter rotation with tow others. So they are not all the same. There are two for clockwise and two for counter-clockwise.. We have many drones, and would recommend you purchase an extra supply of props and batteries, as you will ahve more crashes in the future. it this does not work, it may be a frame or ESC problems that is not so easy to fix. you can find some good ideas if this flying concept on Youtube. i hope this helps you.

Reactions: Ricardo Penders
Nice deal on OEM propellers from Crutchfield and fast shipping in the US: DJI Tello Replacement Propellers

What I already did:

Kind regards,
Steven.
I just wanted to say that I'm from the Netherlands too, I live in Limburg and you?

And thanks for sharing the link for the replacement props, only $4 that's awesome and good to know. Very much appreciated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv