Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Props & motor spindle

kingston

Reaction score
I bought replacement props, but the tolerances are not bang on.... the torque of the motor sends the props airborne. They fly quite balanced which is impressive.

I tried to use some plastic from a bag as a wedge, or a wee piece of paper... neither with success.

Bugger to hear, I’ve used a bunch of eBay props which aren’t as good as the tello stock ones build wise but still perform well.

Maybe try a bit of foil and superglue. Wrap the foil around the motor axle. Prolly a bit small to pull off.

Good luck!

Reactions: kingston and xcrost
I bought replacement props, but the tolerances are not bang on.... the torque of the motor sends the props airborne. They fly quite balanced which is impressive.

I tried to use some plastic from a bag as a wedge, or a wee piece of paper... neither with success.
OEM props or aftermarket? A bad batch is certainly possible if they are OEM. If not, then it is a crap shoot!

Thanks.... An Amazon special, so who knows where they come from. I added super glue to my kit to repair the prop-guards, and there is a difference between store brand glue and Krazy Glue. ;)

I will keep rolling the dice on the aftermarkets, but might try filling and drilling out the props for smaller holes. :)

Fun stuff, but there are a lot of crashes as you try to figure this stuff all out! :)
A magical thing called bluetac may save your loose prop.
UPDATE: I found some BluTac or LePage Mounting Putty, but the prop still spun off, and other efforts ended up splitting the prop.
1549391390564.png
1549391420918.png

Reactions: xcrost
Thanks.... An Amazon special, so who knows where they come from. I added super glue to my kit to repair the prop-guards, and there is a difference between store brand glue and Krazy Glue. ;)

I will keep rolling the dice on the aftermarkets, but might try filling and drilling out the props for smaller holes. :)

Fun stuff, but there are a lot of crashes as you try to figure this stuff all out! :)

UPDATE: I found some BluTac or LePage Mounting Putty, but the prop still spun off, and other efforts ended up splitting the prop.
View attachment 3072
View attachment 3073
Ok so blutac is too vicous for this... try liquid tape or low strength loctite? Make sure u don’t get them on the motor bushing as they flow well before cure.

I hope this is a good place for this, but I just wanted to say that I changed my props to colored versions and it changed flying for me big time. I have 2 red in front and white in back, and that extra bit of orientation awareness jumped my piloting ability greatly. Another benefit is the ability to find them when they pop off at crashes. highly recommend switching.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv