Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Released from surgery

Terry

Reaction score
Well my wife went to town this evening and I thought no better time then now to put a new motor in my tello. It took about an hour and a half to complete. The hardest part of the job was putting the wires of motor through the tiny hole in the motor housing. ? I finally took my drill and made a bigger hole. But even the bigger hole was pretty dam small. It also took a while to remove the glue or gunk from on top of the solder points. Glad she's back and happy I took on the project. If I can do it. Well, there you go.

good job! in this type of repair, it takes a lot of attention and patience ...?

Reactions: Terry
Hey Dude my lad is on his hols over there across the pond in New York...
?were
good job! in this type of repair, it takes a lot of attention and patience ...?
I know.. wow.. those little tiny points that you need to solder are so small. Everything is so small. Except my eyes.?. Every little movement in my hands seemed so large. But she flys. ?

Reactions: Flydrone
Well my wife went to town this evening and I thought no better time then now to put a new motor in my tello. It took about an hour and a half to complete. The hardest part of the job was putting the wires of motor through the tiny hole in the motor housing. ? I finally took my drill and made a bigger hole. But even the bigger hole was pretty dam small. It also took a while to remove the glue or gunk from on top of the solder points. Glad she's back and happy I took on the project. If I can do it. Well, there you go.

Just buy a new one unless you like working on things. How many hours did it take and what was the total cost including any special tools, etc.

Reactions: Terry
Vacation as they call it over there..??...having a great time he says ????
Oh. I see?? New York is a great state to visit. Lots to see. I went to New York city a couple of years ago. That was the first time I saw a dji drone. This guy was flying a mavic around in Manhattan (Before licensing) It was so freaking cool. That's when I decided I wanted a drone. Bought a Phantom 4pro and went from there.

Reactions: Magoo582
Just buy a new one unless you like working on things. How many hours did it take and what was the total cost including any special tools, etc.
I will buy a new one. Then I will have two.?
It took 1&1/2 hrs.
20 dollars for 4 motors. (Used one)
20 dollars soldering gun. (Still have it)
0 dollars I learned something.?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv