Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Sudden failure

Is this the new firmware release a couple of days ago or an older one?

This has certainly nothing to do with difference of takeoff height. Other people are taking off at very different heights with no problem.

The video shows a complete loss of flight stability _without_ immediate shutdown of the drone as we can still see a few moments of video. So its not a battery failure but just the flight control routine has failed. Bad thing because it shows that there is a bug in that routine.

I'd suggest to post this on the official Ryze Tello FB group, which is monitored by Ryze & DJI so they are aware of this.

Is this the new firmware release a couple of days ago or an older one?

This has certainly nothing to do with difference of takeoff height. Other people are taking off at very different heights with no problem.

The video shows a complete loss of flight stability _without_ immediate shutdown of the drone as we can still see a few moments of video. So its not a battery failure but just the flight control routine has failed. Bad thing because it shows that there is a bug in that routine.

I'd suggest to post this on the official Ryze Tello FB group, which is monitored by Ryze & DJI so they are aware of this.

Yes. This is the new firmware. I will follow your suggestion. Thanks.

Take off from 3mts and suddenly fall. I assume that was the difference of high.
Video
nothing touched it? Was the temperature hot in the building? My fall was accompanied by immediate tello shutdown. To take off again I had to turn it on again. Yours appear a bit different like vola said. Please make sure this valuable recording is provided to Ryze so they can look at this catastrophic failure they kept denying due to the difficulty of capturing evidence.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eliaso