Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Sudden failure

ihf

Had my first sudden complete failure...Tello was 50 ft away and it just dropped to the ground from 7 ft or so. Battery was at ~40%. There was no warning and it functioned normally afterward. Has this happened to others? I guess if it happens again I ought to think about returning it.

briest

It happened to me just once, fortunately I was flying at about 2m then. No problems since then, and it was... hm, about TelloFPV version 0.6, I don't remember more exact date, so some time has passed since then.

briest

Hm, I see you ware flying at about 7ft, approximately the same flight level... interesting if there is any association. Isn't it the border when Tello starts to fly slower, enforced by firmware? Maybe a FW bug?

rexfarucao

hi
It happens to me twice. First time about 1m height, second time just after enter my apartement window, could be a fall of 30m, fortunately it was a fall of 1,5m
What can be the problem? In my case, battery was still ok and tello just stop the motors and fall like a rock, no warnings!!!

rexfarucao

Nop.....out of window, out of apartement, 10 floors to the ground more or less 30m fall, fortunely it had just enter inside the apartement by the window when tello stop all motors and it was just a fall of 2m. Good Luck tello had.

volate!lo

All failures happened at around ~2m altitude? Maybe they managed to introduce a new bug with the latest firmware.
I don't fly enough lately to experience this, just short hops when developing.

As for TelloFpv 0.6, no clue what the question was about but that version was release 20th Dec and IIRC correctly expired on 25th Dec. It was replaced on 22nd by v0.7

briest

It was no question, just an attempt to place the event in time. Frequent releases of TelloFPV make it good time marker ;)

volate!lo

I have 3 Tellos and have most likely more total flight time than anybody else Ryze excluded (mostly boring hover and lurking around the office while testing). I have never experienced a plain failure. Not saying it can't happen but seems to be rare.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gdanas87