Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello and max. windspeed possible to fly

campert

Reaction score
Hello,

Tiil what windspeed is the Tello stable? Some say 10 km p.h. (force Bft 2) others 10 mph (force Bft 3).

Please advise.

Maurits Campert
Kortgene, Zeeland, Holland

The Tello can fly 8m/s, so therefore it should be able to fight against 17mph winds or 27kph. Any more than that and it's bye bye Tello.

I personally have hovered at 14mph (22kph) without problems.

Reactions: campert
Quite amazing...at max speed of 17.8 mph against 14 mph breeze leaves only say 4 mph for our little friend to return back home.

Quite amazing...at max speed of 17.8 mph against 14 mph breeze leaves only say 4 mph for our little friend to return back home.
It is advise that when flying against the wind, go zig zag, like a sail boat. That way you fight less against the wind. The flight is excruciatingly slow, but it does move along. Just make sure that when you fly away from you, do so against the wind, so the return flight is more pleasant and secure.

Reactions: xcrost
Hello, good idea. Didn't think about that.
Here in Zeeland at the coast in Holland the wind is allways there, that's why! Being able to fly up to Bft 3-4 would help erormously. If th little guy can stay stable and hoover relatively on it's place is good enough.
Thanks again.
Maurits

Reactions: Ansia
Hello, good idea. Didn't think about that.
Here in Zeeland at the coast in Holland the wind is allways there, that's why! Being able to fly up to Bft 3-4 would help erormously. If th little guy can stay stable and hoover relatively on it's place is good enough.
Thanks again.
Maurits
Which of these does BFT stand for?

BFT

Windforce in Europe is beeing measured on the scale of Beaufort. For instance:
Bft 0 = 0-0,2 m/s
Bft 3 = 3.4-5.4 m/s as I learn nowa safe limit for my Tello: sailing over here we do up to Bft 4-5, on the North Sea up to 3-4
Bft 9 = 20.8 - 24.4 m/s
Our tables give km/h, m/s and velocity in knots.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv