Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello behavior when VPS unavailable

trelo

Reaction score
Hi all,

What will happen if you fly the tello from then edge of a building, so that the gap until the ground is more than 10 meters?

The VPS will not work of course, but what about altitude hold? Will it stay at it’s current height?

Assuming there is no wind at all, will it hover? Or will it slowly drift until it can find some “solid ground”?

Any experience with that?

Thanks

Hi all,

What will happen if you fly the tello from then edge of a building, so that the gap until the ground is more than 10 meters?

The VPS will not work of course, but what about altitude hold? Will it stay at it’s current height?

Assuming there is no wind at all, will it hover? Or will it slowly drift until it can find some “solid ground”?

Any experience with that?

Thanks

If you fly without VPS, there will be no assisted stability at all. Your piloting skills, especially in wind, will be severely tested.

When I have launched my Tello from the top of my garden I can drop into negative altitude (approx - 3m) so your take off height is set by the drones starting position.

Not sure I would like to test this from the top of a building though. When VPS stops working the drone gets very twitchy.

Iv tried this last night in a dimly lit room. The BEST way I can describe it is it flying like a dollar store/cvs 20 dollar drone. It is a little better but yeah, expect drifting every which way. Mind you it is NOT hard to give minor corrections and fly the thing in a big open area. I would not try it if I had to stay away from obstacles but in open air off a balcony absolutely.. it won’t just fall from the sky.

I've attempted to fly in low light a couple of times, it was very unstable.I imagine if he can't see the floor for whatever reason, he won't be happy.

I've noticed that mine tends to drift with the wind (or the gusts generated by the ceiling fan) without VPS. That's about the point that I land ASAP.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv