Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello Firmware Update

Just got the update working. I’m on iOS with an iPhone. Forced quit the Tello app then restarted it. Kept the drone off. Went to the settings then clicked update. It finally downloaded and then I was able to update. Version is now 01.03.18.03

Bunny, I guess I wasn't clear. This isn't really a forum to discuss the details of Apple devices, so I'll make it brief. When I said they have different versions, what I meant was that the two OS's, (iPhone and iPad) are not the same OS. You can't run iPhone OS on iPad, and vice versa. The most obvious indication of this is when you go to the app store and find some apps will run on one, but not on the other. "Whats App" is a perfect example of this. Because the two OS's are different, you can have problems with third party applications (the Tello App) on one, and not the other. I'm not sure if you saw the continuation of the thread, but after updating my iPhone OS, the issues I was seeing went away. I now use my iPhone to crash my Tello into walls, lamps, and miss doorways by a few inches. :)
Glad you have fix this. Have you uploaded the firmware? I received a 00.03.18.01 today.

I just checked. I got it too. Updated with no problem. No obvious increase in flight stability or otherwise during a test flight. The battery charge did seem to last a little longer, but I don't have empirical data to support that observation.

Last edited:
I am having the same problem as cheef. It tells me that a firmware update is available when I go into the app. When I connect the Tello and hit update it tell me I have the latest version. Any suggestions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clubfooted