Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello + FPV camera.

Krag

Reaction score
Just for fun I mounted a $15 fpv camera to the Tello so I can fly around real time. It works really well with my FatShark goggles. Because of where the camera is it looks like you are in a pod racer.

output.gifTelloFpv-v1.jpg

This is the view from inside my FatSharks. I jammed my phone in to get the pic.GoggleView.jpgTelloFPV-Back.jpg

Last edited:
Ha I thought I might have a go at mounting mine to it as well LOL

Great idea and I bet a lot more responsive than the tello’s own vid feed.

Heck, I could throw this on my Tello for flying indoors and probably could negate the added weight by taking off the prop guards, which hopefully I wouldn’t need as much.

Do any of these fpv cameras offer hdmi out? If so I could use it with my dji goggles.

Mike

Do you know how much the camera and battery weight, and if the Tello have the same flight time duration ? I just order myself a mini dashcam WITH A SD CARD SLOT and wondering what it will result!

The thing is that we should not have to be doing these mods. The quad was supposedly designed for FPV, but Ryze has not yet delivered on its promise and it is not complying to its product specs.

we should not have to be doing these mods

True, but for myself, I have an "old" smartphone, Galaxy S4, not supported, photo works great, but video feed does not save. According to the website, I can't complain, I knew from the start it was not 100% compatible. That's why I'm interesting to put a camera onboard with SD card support

True, but for myself, I have an "old" smartphone, Galaxy S4, not supported, photo works great, but video feed does not save. According to the website, I can't complain, I knew from the start it was not 100% compatible. That's why I'm interesting to put a camera onboard with SD card support
The fact is everyone is having problems with the video feed, whether on iOS or Android and it is very inconsistent and worse when you use a Bluetooth RC.

Reactions: Cheef
We are RYZE guinea pig right now, this is how technology works today, you want something good, wait 2 years. It's true for everything, video game is the best example, never buy a new console when it just came out if you want something good. We don't want to wait, then we have to deal with it. I know it's frustrating, but it's part of the game. I paid 100$ for something really nice with one major bug: video feed, there is a lot of other drone at this price, but I decide to buy it anyway, even if I knew by watching the review on youtube that it was not top notch.

Reactions: RaiderSmiley
We are RYZE guinea pig right now, this is how technology works today, you want something good, wait 2 years. It's true for everything, video game is the best example, never buy a new console when it just came out if you want something good. We don't want to wait, then we have to deal with it. I know it's frustrating, but it's part of the game. I paid 100$ for something really nice with one major bug: video feed, there is a lot of other drone at this price, but I decide to buy it anyway, even if I knew by watching the review on youtube that it was not top notch.
I hear you, but something like a video feed should not be the case. It’s not like this is the first drone ever built!

hahaha, yeah, for sure, I do follow you on this too, I think I'm just having to much fun with my first drone to be 100% mad at it :LOL:

I wonder if wifi standard are the same in Asia than in America, there is a lot of video going on youtube which are really smooth, and they seems to be shot in Asia, since Ryze is based in China, could "explain" a bit. :unsure:

hahaha, yeah, for sure, I do follow you on this too, I think I'm just having to much fun with my first drone to be 100% mad at it :LOL:

I wonder if wifi standard are the same in Asia than in America, there is a lot of video going on youtube which are really smooth, and they seems to be shot in Asia, since Ryze is based in China, could "explain" a bit. :unsure:

You just may have a point and if this is the case hopefully Ryze will fix this soon with a firmware update! Fingers crossed ?

Do you know how much the camera and battery weight, and if the Tello have the same flight time duration ? I just order myself a mini dashcam WITH A SD CARD SLOT and wondering what it will result!
The camera is 3.4 grams and the battery is about the same so < 7.0 total. The Tello is 80 grams. So I would guess it costs about 10% bat. I wonder what the prop guards weigh.

Wolfwhoop WT05 Micro AIO 600TVL Camera

Reactions: guig1508
Here to put my two cents in. My video feed is lost twice now and have to restart the app. It seems that when this happens the controls still work but it loses sensors as well, i.e. stability it's gone. Got my tello Friday, it did a firmware update. Using Android 8.0

My video is not bad, its still a bit glitchy but workable. But on my YouTube clips I've stabilised them in iMovie to make them a bit smoother, this could be what these chaps are doing.

Thank you for your reply and honest response.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv