Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello Iron Man better in Low Light than normal Tello

Just ordered a used one , 0TQDF35 serial, should be one of the good ones. Learning a lot about drones here on this forum, thanks for sharing!

Reactions: volate!lo
hello, when you say, that new drones, are sensitive to lack of light. it's for indoor flying only, is there a video showing how "dark" the drone can live? thank you

Is this still an issue with the Tello's? Is the Iron Man and/or the ED Tello's any better than the regular ones, and do they have this "low-light problem? I was about to buy today, but tthis forum has stayed my hand. Sadness...

I haven't purchased any standard edition tellos recently so can't say. My guess is yes and I'd prefer an iron man or edu version

It seems I got the same problem with my Tello EDU. Though I can't compare it to any other Tello yet.
0TQDG7REXXXXXX

Hello,
I am trying to get Orb Slam3 running with tello edu, but facing issues when fusing IMU data with camera image data. I am guessing the issue could be that Orb Slam3 supports Global shutter cameras only at the moment.

Does anyone know what type shutter does Tello edu camera use? global shutter or rolling shutter?

Most propably, Tello camera has rolling shutter.

But why do you think orb slam only supports global shutter sensors? Do you have a reference?

Hello,

my new Tello EDU from 2022/09 finally flies just as well as my good old Tello Standard from 2018/12.
In 2020 I had to return 3 newly purchased Standard Tello because they tumbled drunkenly in the air, were difficult to control and kept getting the message "Vision positioning not available. Land quickly.” despite normal light and a high-contrast background.

The VPS problems of the standard Tello described here from around the end of 2019 do not affect the new Tello EDU from 2022/9.

The message "Visual positioning not available. Land quick.” has never been displayed on the new Tello EDU and my good old Tello Standard, they fly like a bee even in low light.

What about the new Tellos standard, does the error described here still exist?

Thank you for your feedback, greetings Bruchpilot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv