Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello is recognized when connected vis USB

ExcellentBadger

Reaction score
I connected my tello with the RMTT source controller connected to the laptop. I connected it using a microusb cable, but device manager and arduino both can't recognize anything on the ports. I tried a different USB but that still didn't fix the issue, I even changed out the wire. What could be the issue. The RMTT expansion kit is brand new and has no issues. The source controller is connected to the Tello using the inbuilt cable as well. The tello edu is on as well but the port is still not recognized. It doesnt even show up on device manger

Another time, I have to recommend to you that you PLEASE should read the Mind Plus Wiki for RMTT. The topic on the driver for the USB serial Interface is explained here: RoboMaster TT - MindPlus wiki

Beside that, I would recommend, to connect your PC to the RMTT only, when it is not connected to Tello.

If you do not want to follow their link to a Chinese download page for the driver, any other download source for a CP210x compatible driver should do the same, e.g. from here: Community - Silicon Labs
or here:

Last edited:
Another time, I have to recommend to you that you PLEASE should read the Mind Plus Wiki for RMTT. The topic on the driver for the USB serial Interface is explained here: RoboMaster TT - MindPlus wiki

Beside that, I would recommend, to connect your PC to the RMTT only, when it is not connected to Tello.

If you do not want to follow their link to a Chinese download page for the driver, any other download source for a CP210x compatible driver should do the same, e.g. from here: Community - Silicon Labs
or here:
I read the wiki and downloaded the driver but it still didn't recognize anything. I'll try and connect it without connecting it to the Tello and see what happens

Hello This is a very complicated issue. Read the mind+ instructions page by page very carefully, follow them exactly, word for It will use word and every figure with an arrow. Start witht he open source connected to computer. It is a seperate entity from the Telllo, even in Mind_ ( one is on line and one is offline ) It will use a different port and address ( cp210 ) than the Tellpo. We have it working now with IR transmitters and receiver., Took many months to get here. Use the Mind+ graphic sample programs ones by one to get systems working. The learning curve is steep for most people. Follow us on youtube MECATX. We will be making a video this weekend on some of this. Where are you located. We could do a ZOOM meeting this weekend I hope this helps some. Just remember that the Tello and RMTT are different and mind+ programs for them are different. One on line and offline. They even have different icons. and graphic programming. Therea are many good videos on BiliBili done by DFROBOT but all in Chinese. We use Google translate for text and Sonix to translate video audio. Thaye work great.

Some more hints. There appears to be errors in mInd+ instruction. . When you get there. IO13 pin is not available in graphic programming as demonstrated. use Io14. Best get the IR device from DFROBOT as they are clickable on the website to install. Good delivery service with DHL. You can use Arduino code and micro-python if graphic code is a problem. Best start with their graphic code, it is very robust and has many Tello SDK 3.0 commands that are hard to find. I would recommend starting with their example of TV (remote ) controller and IR techniques. go to the link a the bottom of the page for competition and look it over. Many good programs writing by teachers. ( all in Chinese ) Also you must solder the included header pin to thed evice. Connect the open source to the computer with the USB opening, not the Attached wire. Also look for the FLY SAFETY BUTTON WHEN YOU GET TO CONNECTING TIT O THE TELLO, OMLINE AND ON WIFI. Do not give up. It all does work!

I went through the wiki and it still doesn't recognize a device, The 'connect device" button on the mind+ app is grayed out.

or here:
I went through the wiki and it still doesn't recognize a device, The 'connect device" button on the mind+ app is grayed out.

We struggled with this also. Much trial and error, but we got it working. The methodology is complex and quirky. Hacky knows more about this then we do, but you have to do things exactly as shown in the instructions to get working. Hints Hit
OFFLINE BUTTON
1. goto the small squire extension click at top on find the
2. RMTT single icon and click, then go to communication and click on IR receiver module 3
. then click back at top and RMTT ESP 32 starts graphics open on stage.
4. goto to connect device and you should see COM 10??-cP210X. click there.
5. connect to WIFI RMTT
6. now click on my blocks. circle icon at bottom left. 7. GOYO top title RMTT Find an exclamation mark and click on it.. the program will then load for , THE EXCLAMATIONMARK TURN INTO A GREEN TICK, and connect to the device..
8. Load program and then upload to board. Hopefully this would start the program. The disconnect the USB and put it on top of the Tello. It has the program loaded, PRESS BUTTON ON SIDE TO START THE PROGRAM ( DRONE GUARD SYSTEM ).
I hope i got all this right. I have a couplie test programs from the book, that I i can probably copy as an a text C+ file. i do not think I can copy the graphic program per se. All this is in the instructions, iwth photos, but hard to put together the pieces, I hope it works for you.

Hello again - Here is a quick video that i made that may help you. For other devices, there is a user section to add your own code for your devices.
Hope this helps. It is quite a bit different when you connect to the Tello ONLINE

Reactions: ExcellentBadger
I just did another install on a new windows 11 computer. under connect devices, i had to install the install serial port driver. ( took a long time and the middle driver did not get installed - it was red arrowed out ) How ever, i was able to load three different open source controllers with a blink two color and hello program and they all worked . I did not have to do anything to setup the open source controllers on the USB. We intend to us these and LiteBee Wing FM in a combined swarm program with the LiteBee Wing FM . The Robomaster will deliver the text display messages such as Happy birthday, etc.

Yes and it still did not detect a drive. It's not a hardware issue either, i bought an entire new rmtt kit just to see if that was the issue
What do you mean with "detect a drive"?

The RMTT does not appear as a drive. When driver is installed and RMTT is connected, it will appear in the Windows Device Manager unter "Ports (COM & LPT)".

What do you mean with "detect a drive"?

The RMTT does not appear as a drive. When driver is installed and RMTT is connected, it will appear in the Windows Device Manager unter "Ports (COM & LPT)".
Yea, I checked there as well, and even in the mind+ app, but the computer doesnt recognize that the device is connected

I just did another install on a new windows 11 computer. under connect devices, i had to install the install serial port driver. ( took a long time and the middle driver did not get installed - it was red arrowed out ) How ever, i was able to load three different open source controllers with a blink two color and hello program and they all worked . I did not have to do anything to setup the open source controllers on the USB. We intend to us these and LiteBee Wing FM in a combined swarm program with the LiteBee Wing FM . The Robomaster will deliver the text display messages such as Happy birthday, etc.
Hi can we set up a zoom meeting any time after 7pm cst?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karlyan