Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello max height

trelo

Reaction score
Hey all,

Now that the 10m height limit is history, I suggest that all brave (other words might also apply...) souls who want to push the height to the limits post a screen grab of their attempts in this thread. A video is better but even a frame depicting max height is acceptable.

What do you think?

Hi. Was the height limit removed in the latest firmware update?
I can’t wait to have tentative bash to see what’s possible. 20m would suit me fine!

Hi. Was the height limit removed in the latest firmware update?
I can’t wait to have tentative bash to see what’s possible. 20m would suit me fine!

No it was not removed. There is a hack you can do. Take a look.

19.7m and I chickened out. Wind was quite strong so I had a fearsome lean on. Still, very happy with that. Thanks for the heads up!B631D7AE-0D2A-436E-A227-A1A9B86D12A3.jpeg

423EA5A6-A9A9-45CE-9BF9-235C199A4264.jpeg

Ugly background but I happened to be in the edge of a park with my tello freshly hacked (regarding max height, that is).

My ultimate goal is 100m, btw.

Reactions: Drone Ranger
Just something worth noting, The tello sensors look directly down, so while it might hold position at 20 meters, when there is some wind the drone might turn like 45 degrees to to keep itself still, making the distance to the ground too great for the sensors to work.

Just something to be aware of, it can act like everything is fine, and suddenly completely lose its ability to stay in place.

had this happen to me. Was playing with the height and it was perfectly ok, suddenly wind just took it at about 25 meters, before that it was going straight up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karlyan