Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello three battery charger???

Tello Fello

Reaction score
Hi, just bought a new Tello today, with the 3 extra battery and charger package, and was wondering if anyone could tell me what's up with the charger. I put the batteries in and pluged it in, and two hours later still no charged batteries just flashing green lights and one still orange. Eventualy I took one out and put it in the copter and it charged Up, got a solid blue light and was ready to start slamming into the walls of my apartment. also when in flight is just one of the infared censors under the copter supposed to be glowing red or two?.Thanks.

Last edited:
First things first - it's not a charger it's a 3-bay dock. The charger is the so-called wall wart that plugs into the wall electrical socket. The two are connected with a USB -> micro USB cable. The amperage of this wall wart determines how long it will take to charge each battery. 1 amp minimum, 3A max

The dock only charges 1 battery at the time. Each battery can take an hour or more to fully charge, depending on discharge level and amperage of charger being used.

The meaning of the green and yellow lights and their blinking state is explained in the little booklet that came with the dock.

Solid green - full charge
Blinking green - charging
Yellow - waiting to be charged

If you put three batteries in it before it's plugged it in, it starts charging the battery with the highest charge first... this gets you a usable fully-charged battery the quickest.

Yes, one is infrared emitter the other IR receiver

You can download the full Tello owners manual and other documentation on the DJI website - always a good idea

Last edited:
Reactions: xiscopter
First things first - it's not a charger it's a 3-bay dock. The charger is the so-called wall wart that plugs into the wall electrical socket. The two are connected with a USB -> micro USB cable. The amperage of this wall wart determines how long it will take to charge each battery. 1 amp minimum, 3A max

The dock only charges 1 battery at the time. Each battery can take an hour or more to fully charge, depending on discharge level and amperage of charger being used.

The meaning of the green and yellow lights and their blinking state is explained in the little booklet that came with the dock.

If you put three batteries in it before it's plugged it in, it starts charging the battery with the highest charge first... this gets you a usable fully-charged battery the quickest.

You can download the full Tello owners manual and other documentation on the DJI website - always a good idea
Thanks, finally got charged after sometime.

Tysm I almost thought that two of my batteries were bad

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv