Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello Video Issues With Bluetooth Controllers

Hi. I just got the Gamesir connected to the Tello. Flew one battery out after all the setting up. I am getting no video lag of any sort. Granted, i only flew in the house, will test outside when the sun comes up again.
Really Clinton?! You were able to connect the Tello to a Gamesir device? I have the Gamesir T1 and hadn't been successful controlling the drone with it. Please forward a step by step on how to get the controller to link with the Tello.

Weird, i can see it on my side. Just a follow up - i downloaded the Octopus app from the Playstore. Removed the Gamesir World app and debugger tool from my Huawei phone. Installed Octopus and it is working perfect with controller now. Just like on my old Samsung S4. With the video i posted, you always had the virtual sticks on the screen, even when you controlled it by the Gamesir. You also had to assign the control buttons to the touch screen icons. Now everything is working from the buttons from the controller itself, just like in the controller diagram shows. When the contoller is connected to your phone via bluetooth, and Tello via wifi, you will still see the virtual sticks. Go to controller settings, and you will see Gamesir T1s connected. Under that there is also Gamesir T1 GCM disconneted. Click on that to connect. Now the virtual sticks are gone, and you can fly like a champ :)
Remember: there must be 2 connections showing in bluetooth controller settings, the GCM is what makes the contoller work.

Thank you. Ill try to navigate around the Chinese mumbling and use the video to guide me. By the way, what device is that in the video? I have a Gamesir T1 and Ryze says that is not compatible with the Tello.

Here is a quick flight video i made, as you can see, no lag, controlling it with Gamesir T1s. I have wifi all around me from the neighbourhood, so i am very happy :)
It works, it works, it WORKS!!! I downloaded the Octopus app., added the Tello app as a game; connected the T1 via Bluetooth and the WiFi for the Tello. Had been flying the Tello earlier and had maybe 2% battery power. The Tello started to do a forced landing, I push the left stick forward and up she went! Then i moved the stick to the right and it began to yaw, just before battery power died. Can't wait to get the Tello up to full power and do more testing. Seems the Octopus app was the key to integrate everything. Thank you so much, Clinton! The beauty of esoteric forums!!

Reactions: Clinton1
Hi,
Which Gamesir device are you using? The reason I ask is because I’ve been told directly from Ryze Support that Tello will only work with the Gamesir T1D which is not out yet.
Not true! I received info from another member that Tello will work with Gamesir devices (T1 in my case). There is an app called 'Octopus' that integrates Wi-Fi and Bluetooth so the Tello can be controlled via a Gamesir controller. I'm totally giddy that I can now fly the Tello with tactile joysticks vs. the virtual joysticks. Attributed to Clinton1.

Not true! I received info from another member that Tello will work with Gamesir devices (T1 in my case). There is an app called 'Octopus' that integrates Wi-Fi and Bluetooth so the Tello can be controlled via a Gamesir controller. I'm totally giddy that I can now fly the Tello with tactile joysticks vs. the virtual joysticks. Attributed to Clinton1.
Hi Tom, very glad that you can now control your Tello with a controller. Thanks, but i just spread the good news about the Octopus app. There are members on here that i got the information from :) It is nice to see how the guys here keep on helping each other. Enjoy the new flying experience :)

Skipping video comes for free on my Tello,
It's fine on the G7 screen but skips badly on replay.
Doesn't matter so much for me as I use the Skippo inside and just play with stick moves to get fingers loosened up.
But video is definitely poor.

Man, I'm bummed out, probably worse than you guys. I finally got the T1d controller to work with my Android Samsung Galaxy Note 4, but that's about it. It controls it well, but I can't get any video or pictures at all. What up? I've even upgraded the firmware on everything, I believe. I went back to just the phone and the video works fine. Hmmmmm!!!! Marc Trainor.

Man, I'm bummed out, probably worse than you guys. I finally got the T1d controller to work with my Android Samsung Galaxy Note 4, but that's about it. It controls it well, but I can't get any video or pictures at all. What up? I've even upgraded the firmware on everything, I believe. I went back to just the phone and the video works fine. Hmmmmm!!!! Marc Trainor.

I have the same issue when using an Apple 5S and a WiFi extender. Its weird, the GameSirT1d works at all other times; very well I must say, but when I go through the WiFi extenter, the T1d and the phone lose Video... Ok, how is this the same as you?
If I use a newer ipad, all is good. Range, Video, Controls all work well with the T1d. My conclusion: try a more robust device. Using Blootooth for a Controller, WiFI for Video and Controlling the Drone, routing through an extender seem to take a toll on the capabilities of my apple 5. I will try an Samsung S8 tomorrow...see how that works with all the gizmos.

Well I wasted 30 quid on T1S from prelaunch ads, now I've wasted 30 quid on T1D.
I don't know what debugger things are nor want to.
My crystal sky is android and I hoped in vain that would work so I could see it outside, but that doesn't work either.
X2 on the CS monitor. I ordered the T1D but it looks like the order didn't go through... maybe I'm lucky? I'm so frustrated with how the Tello supplies video lag with my Android phone and that the new controller doesn't work well. I bought this little quad to keep in the RV along with a few other camping toys.

Have any of you complained to Ryze Support?
I said this before on this forum that we all need to get on the horn or on the chat line and let Ryze know our frustration and dissatisfaction of the product.

Unless we don’t complain to Ryze and only amongst each other nothing is going to be done, or if it is, it’s going to be slow and the only the very minimum will be fixed, but I’m sure that you already know this!

I have the same issue when using an Apple 5S and a WiFi extender. Its weird, the GameSirT1d works at all other times; very well I must say, but when I go through the WiFi extenter, the T1d and the phone lose Video... Ok, how is this the same as you?
If I use a newer ipad, all is good. Range, Video, Controls all work well with the T1d. My conclusion: try a more robust device. Using Blootooth for a Controller, WiFI for Video and Controlling the Drone, routing through an extender seem to take a toll on the capabilities of my apple 5. I will try an Samsung S8 tomorrow...see how that works with all the gizmos.
Response to Tim's message above this:
I finally got things working with my Samsung Note 4 and the T1d controller. I updated the firmware on the controller, I believe and anything else I thought I could update and now it works. Lucky me. Thanks for the response. Marc.

The turning point for me was yesterday when I went into the T1d instructions and updated the firmware just how they said to do it. I'm still not sure which firmware I was updating, but it seemed to do the trick. You guys might try that too, if you haven't already. Good luck. Marc.

How can you do this update?

You can see (quoted bellow) the instructions to upgrade the firmware of my t1d.

How do I get into "upgrade mode"?

The link is wrong. Where can I get the app to upgrade the firmware?

Thank you in advance !

---- instructions from user guide -------
8. Firmware upgrading(OTA)
Connect the controller through the mobile phone APP Bluetooth, to
process OTA upgrade. Support Android 4.3 +, iOS8.0 + system; App
download address: www.gamesirhk/t1d
1) After entering the upgrade mode, the LED keeps on Lantern Dance,
and waits for the upgrade.
2) After the upgrade is completed, turn off the machine and restart it
automatically.

The turning point for me was yesterday when I went into the T1d instructions and updated the firmware just how they said to do it. I'm still not sure which firmware I was updating, but it seemed to do the trick. You guys might try that too, if you haven't already. Good luck. Marc.

Last edited:
Reactions: raulvolador
Thank you very much !!

I finlly made it work. I got it by uninstalling the Tello App. And re installing it from the Tello website (link to Play Store) .

Somehow, the new installation of this app was able to see my phone as an available Bluetooth device.

:)

Thanks again !!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alqar