Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello Video Issues With Bluetooth Controllers

It has been a year almost and they worked on tello edu crap instead of fixing tello ****. All they need is to get t1d to talk to the official app via cable... or update the fw with lessen interference. How tough is that? Is there something I am missing? Getting a physical connection to contro iphone game is just so rare, every control is freaking bt except for gamevice garbage.

It has been a year almost and they worked on tello edu crap instead of fixing tello ****. All they need is to get t1d to talk to the official app via cable... or update the fw with lessen interference. How tough is that? Is there something I am missing? Getting a physical connection to contro iphone game is just so rare, every control is freaking bt except for gamevice garbage.

get onto the official FB group and complain there. I doubt they are monitoring these forums.

I'm guessing none of you know that most phones have one chip and antenna that manages both bluetooth and wifi. So when you use a bluetooth controller with the wifi tello, that chip has to keep switching between the two protocols, which will cause latency/frame drops. It's really nothing to do with the tello, it's your phone.

I'm guessing none of you know that most phones have one chip and antenna that manages both bluetooth and wifi. So when you use a bluetooth controller with the wifi tello, that chip has to keep switching between the two protocols, which will cause latency/frame drops. It's really nothing to do with the tello, it's your phone.
I use iphone x and it has separate antennae for cellular, wifi and bt. Yet bt causes more frame skip. It is not that bad but still not ideal.

iphone x and it has separate antennae for cellular, wifi and bt
I'm positive this is not true (ignoring cellular because that's not even in the mix here). First of all, there would be no point having seperate antennas because bt and wifi use the same frequency so a single size antenna would work. Second, the Murata chip in the iphone x handles both bt and wifi. That is probably why you are experiencing the problem.

In my phone, I believe the Snapdragon 835 also handles both (including everything else). Yet I am not experiencing any issues using both my BT controller and the Tello.

My older phone with a Snapdragon 820 has issues. Not sure how the hardware is set up in that phone though.

So it probably just depends on how well your phone can handle both. The iphone x is probably not that good at it.

I'm positive this is not true (ignoring cellular because that's not even in the mix here). First of all, there would be no point having seperate antennas because bt and wifi use the same frequency so a single size antenna would work. Second, the Murata chip in the iphone x handles both bt and wifi. That is probably why you are experiencing the problem.

In my phone, I believe the Snapdragon 835 also handles both (including everything else). Yet I am not experiencing any issues using both my BT controller and the Tello.

My older phone with a Snapdragon 820 has issues. Not sure how the hardware is set up in that phone though.

So it probably just depends on how well your phone can handle both. The iphone x is probably not that good at it.
It seems unlikely that a modern IC like Murata is incapable of processing two protocols at t he same time. It is connected to 2 separate antennae meaning it has the capacity to separate the signals. BT and wifi probably occupy different channels. I never had interference when using bluetooth headsets while using wifi on iphone x.

First of all, there would be no point having seperate antennas because bt and wifi use the same frequency so a single size antenna would work.

I guess you can follow a low voice conversation between two people sitting next to you, right? Can you also listen to their conversation this while you are constantly singing a classic Italian aria as loud as you can?
Nope? Now you see why separate antennas and chips make sense.

These two people next to you can understand each other because one talks and the other listens, and they have a mutual understanding when each one can speak. Now a third joins, and it still works if he is well mannered and lets the others speak.

And now you join with your Italian Aria and since you don't care about what the others say you just keep singing as loud as you can.
As a consequence these three will most likely fail to keep their discussion fluent, because they always have to ask each other to repeat the last sentence because information was lost in transit due to loud interference.

Voila: You (BT) keep interfering with their peaceful discussion (Wifi) even though you speak a completely different language using similar frequencies.

Last edited:
The whole point is that the iphone x (and other phones) use one chip and one antenna for both wifi and bt. Hence why these people are having this issue.
I just told u it has separate antennea but

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clubfooted