Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello Video Issues With Bluetooth Controllers

Got my T1s. The instructions from above work. Connects fine to my iPhone 6+ without using another utility or remapping. Video lag with cellular off but wifi and Bluetooth on is genuinely awful. Huge delay with severe stuttering. Completely unusable as either fpv feed or recorded video.

Control lag is actually fine, pretty snappy. It’s a lot more fun to fly with hardware sticks instead of software control.

When I use my wifi extender, video lag is still present but much, much better.

I’ll do range tests with and without using the controller later this weekend.

Reactions: Inakigarm
Hello,
i have bought a T1s too, it is working on android on samsung galaxy A3 2016 but...
I obtain video lags when T1s is connected, and it is worst with extender mi... :( (whereas when i use extender without T1s, i get great video). So for me, T1S is not usefull if i want to make video...

Hope an update will fix that or allow to use the remote with wire to avoid bluetooth connexion...

Last edited:
I think the frame drops is a problem of wifi frequency.
force your phone to the 2.4 Gh to wifi and the problem of frame drops is stoped.

for me it is the solution.

I think the frame drops is a problem of wifi frequency.
force your phone to the 2.4 Gh to wifi and the problem of frame drops is stoped.

for me it is the solution.
Thank you for your help. I am agree with you, it looks like wifi/bluetooth conflict. But i can't try other wifi configuration, my Samsung Model (galaxy A3 2016) only supports 2.4 GHz Wifi frequencies...

Reactions: raulvolador
Hi,
If it can help, someone in tellopilots forum is developping alternative android tello app, which allows to use generic and ps4 Joystick plugged on otg !!I have tryed, it is working for me !
Here is the forum url :
Android testers needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Whey
Yeah, when I was doing research on the T1d, I was mostly concerned about compatibility. I didn't see all these posts about choppy video until AFTER I bought it. I'll probably still keep it, as I like using the Tello to take still shots from higher altitudes, but for video, yeah, it sux. Would be nice if they can fix it and push out a firmware update.

Yeah, when I was doing research on the T1d, I was mostly concerned about compatibility. I didn't see all these posts about choppy video until AFTER I bought it. I'll probably still keep it, as I like using the Tello to take still shots from higher altitudes, but for video, yeah, it sux. Would be nice if they can fix it and push out a firmware update.

I was trying to reproduce the choppy video phenomenon from the video. However, I got the same performance with and without my gamesir T1d controller, meaning that the controller did not seem to cause additional interference. I am using an iPhone 7 plus. Maybe it is different for Android?

I was trying to reproduce the choppy video phenomenon from the video. However, I got the same performance with and without my gamesir T1d controller, meaning that the controller did not seem to cause additional interference. I am using an iPhone 7 plus. Maybe it is different for Android?
I'm glad it's not an issue for you. And, yes, it could be an iOS vs Android thing. My wife has an iPhone 6s, so maybe I can convince her to install the Tello app so I can compare. But I definitely notice more frame skipping with the T1d. I'm also using the Xiaomi wifi extender, which seems to help with frame skipping (when using just the phone to fly). But even with the extender, I get lots of frame skipping with the T1d. The folks at HalfChrome also got lots of skipping when testing bluetooth controllers, but the range extender seemed to help with that. Hasn't worked so well for me, but perhaps there's too much wifi interference in the park where I was flying.

Reactions: Mr G
I have the Speedy PXN-6603 (white) and have no issues with the video feed. I bought the Speedy because I also wanted a controller that would also work with my AppleTV and iOS devices which this does.

Attachments

• IMG_1710.jpg
    IMG_1710.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1711.jpg
    IMG_1711.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I'm glad it's not an issue for you. And, yes, it could be an iOS vs Android thing. My wife has an iPhone 6s, so maybe I can convince her to install the Tello app so I can compare. But I definitely notice more frame skipping with the T1d. I'm also using the Xiaomi wifi extender, which seems to help with frame skipping (when using just the phone to fly). But even with the extender, I get lots of frame skipping with the T1d. The folks at HalfChrome also got lots of skipping when testing bluetooth controllers, but the range extender seemed to help with that. Hasn't worked so well for me, but perhaps there's too much wifi interference in the park where I was flying.

Bluetooth uses the same band as WiFi and Tello frame skips a lot because of that.

Hi all, i'm facing the same issue with the video lag when T1d is on. Do you think it's possible this issue to be fixed with a future updated firmware or should i return my controller? because 40 Euros just to have a tactile feed for the flight.. isn't worth for me

Weird, i can see it on my side. Just a follow up - i downloaded the Octopus app from the Playstore. Removed the Gamesir World app and debugger tool from my Huawei phone. Installed Octopus and it is working perfect with controller now. Just like on my old Samsung S4. With the video i posted, you always had the virtual sticks on the screen, even when you controlled it by the Gamesir. You also had to assign the control buttons to the touch screen icons. Now everything is working from the buttons from the controller itself, just like in the controller diagram shows. When the contoller is connected to your phone via bluetooth, and Tello via wifi, you will still see the virtual sticks. Go to controller settings, and you will see Gamesir T1s connected. Under that there is also Gamesir T1 GCM disconneted. Click on that to connect. Now the virtual sticks are gone, and you can fly like a champ :)
Remember: there must be 2 connections showing in bluetooth controller settings, the GCM is what makes the contoller work.

I also own a Gamesir T1s and have the same problem with Video lagging when the controller is connected.
Without gamesir its no problem.

But even with octopus app it is not better.
Do you maybe have another idea for me?

I haven't been able to get my T1s to work with OEM Tello app via OTG cable, but if I start everything up in the right order it will work via bluetooth.
Hi, otg is not supported by official app, but supported by aTello app (free) or aTelloPilot app (paid). So, with that 2 apps and otg cable, you will be able to increases videos quality. Hope it helps.

Reactions: Doug D
Hi, otg is not supported by official app, but supported by aTello app (free) or aTelloPilot app (paid). So, with that 2 apps and otg cable, you will be able to increases videos quality. Hope it helps.

Thank you.

Have you seen the 'new' app for Tello that just came out in Beta?

New app: TelloFPV

It has lots of great features, and the developer has said more to come.

Reactions: spamaro

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alqar