Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello. Whats possible?

Tello.js must be running via node.js as a server (localhost, port 8001) in order for the Scratch interface to the Tello to work.

Has anyone used Node.js to build a bare client to talk to the the Tello? Either directly or by sending simple http requests to the Tello.js server, say via curl? I am looking for an example of the http url string that would work in this context?

Ultimately, I would like to write a node-RED flow to communicate with the Tello.

Last edited:
@deadprogram thanks for your work in go! I have few questions and I hope you can help me with this:

I can't use my ps4 controller via bluetooth under windows. I changed the driver to dualshock4 but only works when it's connected via cable.
When I use ps4 controller the drone only moves in slow mode. Is there a special command to change? Or is it about setting speed limits?
Do plan to implement the video script and the controller script? Would be great to use both at same time.

Run "python run.py" in the terminal.
If the keyboard module is not installed on your pc, run "pip install keyboard"

Hey there @bluejune how are you doing? I have updated the tello to latest version and then applied your max height hack. I set it to 200m and it was successful. However, the drone will not go above 30m. Can you point out exactly what code I should change? Thanks a lot in advance

@deadprogram thanks for your work in go! I have few questions and I hope you can help me with this:

I can't use my ps4 controller via bluetooth under windows. I changed the driver to dualshock4 but only works when it's connected via cable.
When I use ps4 controller the drone only moves in slow mode. Is there a special command to change? Or is it about setting speed limits?
Do plan to implement the video script and the controller script? Would be great to use both at same time.

ok I found this one

this works perfectly for me. Took a bit to get it to work, so i'm to tired for testing bluetooth now.

good night

Tello.js must be running via node.js as a server (localhost, port 8001) in order for the Scratch interface to the Tello to work.

Has anyone used Node.js to build a bare client to talk to the the Tello? Either directly or by sending simple http requests to the Tello.js server, say via curl? I am looking for an example of the http url string that would work in this context?

Ultimately, I would like to write a node-RED flow to communicate with the Tello.

Well, I think I have a reasonable version of a stand-alone Tello Command console running now that only needs node.js (no Python or Scratch required).

See: jsolderitsch/tello-nodejs

Curious if anyone tries this and can report their experiences. Use at your own risk of course.

The github repo at: jsolderitsch/tello-nodejs has been updated to also have a line-oriented command processor similar to Tello3.py but written in node.js. Again, caution is advised as I have only tested this over a few Tello flight interactions.

Hey there @bluejune how are you doing? I have updated the tello to latest version and then applied your max height hack. I set it to 200m and it was successful. However, the drone will not go above 30m. Can you point out exactly what code I should change? Thanks a lot in advance

Bump!!!
@bluejune any ideas on this one?

Thanks a lot

Ooooops, didn’t know that. Hopefully one of you genius devs can hack that limit as well.

Thanks

I posted earlier in this thread about my use of node.js to interact with the tello completely in Javascript . I added a new file to the github repo with the feature that it will fly missions written in text file format using the basic SDK command strings. See TelloMissionFile.js in jsolderitsch/tello-nodejs.

Curious to hear if anyone tries it out and what they learn. You do need node.js installed on your computer.

It’s good but i would still like a hundred meters.

you must have zero wind and not much wifi interference around you...

I've had mine up at the 30m height limit a few times and even on what seem like calm days it's gets quite skirmish at that height... not to mention the signal gets iffy even with a repeater (although this in the city with lots of other wifi noise)...

Reactions: trelo
you must have zero wind and not much wifi interference around you...

I've had mine up at the 30m height limit a few times and even on what seem like calm days it's gets quite skirmish at that height... not to mention the signal gets iffy even with a repeater (although this in the city with lots of other wifi noise)...

100m is indeed high. I would love to reach that height with the Tello, though.

The specs say that the Tello has a flight distance of 100 m. So, if you fly upwards for 100 m, you'll have no battery to fly down again. It'll drop out of the sky.
That is not correct. The flight distance refers to max range. Assuming a 10 min battery life and if range was no issue the tello would be able to cover a distance of approximately 5 km. Maybe a little less. (It can fly with 28 kmph in fast mode).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
97bugsinthecode