Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello with mini 1 controller

You did not provided any information about how good and hardware tweaking you are. There is Atheros wi-fi chip in the RC.
Anyway, without additional knowledge - the answer is no.

this solution is not so impossible, both use Wifi... but it's may be need a little bite develloppment.

You did not provided any information about how good and hardware tweaking you are. There is Atheros wi-fi chip in the RC.
Anyway, without additional knowledge - the answer is no.
Hello. I'm trying to find a way to use a DJI mini 1 controller with Tello. You say it is a way to do it? What must be done to make it work? I like to tweak things, and I would like to try. Thanks in advance!

Hello. I'm trying to find a way to use a DJI mini 1 controller with Tello. You say it is a way to do it? What must be done to make it work? I like to tweak things, and I would like to try. Thanks in advance!

There might be shortcuts for some points, and some info might be already available, but the general route is:

1. Figure out how the mobile app controls the drone (analyze packets, or decompile the app)
2. Re-produce that by writing an app which controlls Tello from a PC, or Raspberry Pi, or any other computer which is easily accessible and known to you, and based on Linux
3. Find a way to log into the Linux working on Atheros chip within the RC, get root access
4. Figure out how a service working on the Atheros chip receive information about all the sticks and buttons, which is later sent through Wifi to Mini (by either reverse engineering or experimentation)
5. Update your Linux code so that it can get the stick values in the same way Atheros chip does
6. Cross-compile your application using toolchain from Atheros SDK (it may be just the normal ARM toolchain, I don't know)
7. Replace the service running on Atheros chip with the one you created

EDIT: Not sure what's with the laugh reactions, this is how you genuinely implement such mods. And I know a bunch of people who would be able to do this. The research requires quite a lot of time, but that's how any hobby works.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: volate!lo and BigL
There might be shortcuts for some points, and some info might be already available, but the general route is:

1. Figure out how the mobile app controls the drone
2. Re-produce that by writing an app which controlls Tello from a PC, or Raspberry Pi, or any other computer which is easily accessible and known to you, and based on Linux
3. Find a way to log into the Linux working on Atheros chip within the RC, get root access
4. Figure out how a service working on the Atheros chip receive information about all the sticks and buttons, which is later sent through Wifi to Mini (by either reverse engineering or experimentation)
5. Update your Linux code so that it can get the stick values in the same way Atheros chip does
6. Cross-compile your application using toolchain from Atheros SDK (it may be just the normal ARM toolchain, I don't know)
7. Replace the service running on Atheros chip with the one you created
Thanks for your answer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv