Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello Wont Connect to Iphone

menace85

Reaction score
Hi,

I just recently purchased a Tello drone and I can't get it to connect to my iPhone 12 pro max at all. I've tried resetting my phone, turning on/off the Bluetooth and wifi, taking the battery in and out of the drone but nothing will work.

The app doesn't seem to be very robust and no matter what I do I get a prompt saying to connect to the "Bluetooth" when in reality there's no Bluetooth and it's just trying to connect to wifi.

What gives?

I never used the OEM app so I'm not the best candidate to help but lets see:

1) turn on Tello
2)wait 20s or so for it to blink yellow
3) open iOS wifi settings, connect to the Wifi that is named "Tello-something"
4) once connected, open the app
5) have fun

BT is not required, unless you happen to have an optional controller.

I've tried that multiple times. Every time it says it's connected to the "wifi" I open the app to find the same prompt telling me I nothings connected unfortunately =/

I don't know about iOS but if you are trying at home once it has failed check if the phone has reconnected to your normal WiFi. There may an "auto reconnect" for the access point setting that needs disabling.

Try to forget the home network.
Try to reset tello: press power 8 seconds
If everything fails try another phone.

Last edited:
Hi,

I just recently purchased a Tello drone and I can't get it to connect to my iPhone 12 pro max at all. I've tried resetting my phone, turning on/off the Bluetooth and wifi, taking the battery in and out of the drone but nothing will work.

The app doesn't seem to be very robust and no matter what I do I get a prompt saying to connect to the "Bluetooth" when in reality there's no Bluetooth and it's just trying to connect to wifi.

What gives?
hi... I have an iPhone 12 and it connects fine...
Turn off BT and ensure your home WIFI has auto-join switched off
I have been beta testing the TelloFpv app and it works brilliantly..!

Attachments

• 1612139733217.png
    1612139733217.png
    389.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 1612139755593.png
    1612139755593.png
    389.8 KB · Views: 4
Hi,

What gives

So frustrating that the fix is so simple and yet the app instructions don't mention it at all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv