Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tellofpv on switch works (switchroot)

Asvin88

Reaction score
I recently modded my Nintendo switch so I could run android via switchroot and decided to try the tello and while the official app doesn't seem to work for me
Tello fpv worked flawlessly as I zipped about the house
I haven't tried recording video yet
The live video feed looks good and my hori split pad works perfectly haven't tried proper joycons and probably won't bother
I've had about an hour worth of flight time using the switch to control it and I'm loving it
Now I'm wondering if I could mount a big external wifi antenna on the back of my switch to give it more range

no, not really. You can however use a Wi-Fi extender without mounting it to your controller. You just need better placing and think about how the Wi-Fi extender actually works..
Place a Wi-Fi extender as far from you as possible, without disconnecting, and in the direction you choose to fly.
remember, the range of the extender will be listed in terms of what its maximum capability would be if you were using it on a beach with no clouds, and no trees in perfect transmitting distance. Purchase a brand new walkie-talkie sit and it says 1 mile distance, that 1 mile is based on perfect conditions..etc….
for example, if it says it will increase your range 300 m, is realistic to expect much less than that in a congested city scenario. proper placement.

no, not really. You can however use a Wi-Fi extender without mounting it to your controller. You just need better placing and think about how the Wi-Fi extender actually works..
Place a Wi-Fi extender as far from you as possible, without disconnecting, and in the direction you choose to fly.
remember, the range of the extender will be listed in terms of what its maximum capability would be if you were using it on a beach with no clouds, and no trees in perfect transmitting distance. Purchase a brand new walkie-talkie sit and it says 1 mile distance, that 1 mile is based on perfect conditions..etc….
for example, if it says it will increase your range 300 m, is realistic to expect much less than that in a congested city scenario. proper placement.
I do have a WiFi extender on top of a 10ft tripod/c-stand for outdoor flight which I put at the other end of the field I take off from but I assumed that would be overkill for basic flight around the house hence thinking external antenna just to keep the video feed a bit more stable.
I did try putting the extender in the hallway upstairs and it made a massive difference once the drone was up 2 floors above me

Absolutely. Nice job.
With the Tello being merely 80 g in weight, it’s fun to place a Wi-Fi extender(use your cheapest worst power bank) somewhere outside your house to mess around from inside during poorer weather.
Word of advice, keep within the scope of the law, as it is technically illegal to take a flight outside of your VISUAL flight, If flying at a very very low distance on my own property, it’s a fun improvement.
Following all the guidelines and laws, one should never fly outside his or her BVLOS

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv