Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

TelloFPV - The app for Tello FPV, Photo, Video

Im trying to purchase a dji tello but the seller says that tello fpv is not compatible lol is he lying or not?
I offer a different view: He doesn't have a clue

Yes it's compatible. It's exactly the same drone as the Ryze Tello they have just started to drop that marketing name for some reason

Both TelloMe and TelloFpv have been kicked out of Android's Play Store last week for not being fit for Android 13 :rolleyes:

I released the update for TelloMe yesterday so that one should be fine. If you find any issues please report here or in the FB groups.
TelloFpv update is coming but will take another day or two.

Reactions: jimburnetto
Hi @volate!lo , thanks for continuous development of TelloFPV app.

I have a suggestion - when recording the video stream and some frames get lost due to interference or
whatever, would it be possible to either record a copy of the most recent "good" frame, or an empty one?

I am trying to sync Tello video stream with a movie shot at the same FPS rate from another camera, and
it's virtually impossible because of the missing frames.

Reactions: sadatoni
Not the way video handling is currently implemented.To do so I'd need to build the video from individual images, which is currently not the case.

Video frames streamed by Tello are either low quality full frames (iframes), or incomplete delta frames (slices). Inside the app I just move the frame data around and rely on Android-internal mechanisms to decode them.
I don't actually have access to each individual image that is created from these frames. I could access them (I do for example in TelloMe), but handling images instead of frame data is painfully slow. I'd need to understand the performance implications of such a change and I have no clue of the side effects.

But I iwll look into this, as it could help me with some synchronization issues I have when recording video & audio.

Both TelloFpv, TelloMe and the free demo version of TelloFpv are back in the store, and now compatible with Android 13.

Minor issue remoain (no sound recording for Android 12+, no sound notifications) but I will look into these next week.

For direct links see my signature

Reactions: jimburnetto
Video frames streamed by Tello are either low quality full frames (iframes), or incomplete delta frames (slices). Inside the app I just move the frame data around and rely on Android-internal mechanisms to decode them.
I don't actually have access to each individual image that is created from these frames. I could access them (I do for example in TelloMe), but handling images instead of frame data is painfully slow. I'd need to understand the performance implications of such a change and I have no clue of the side effects.
Thanks for your reply. I did not know about that. I wonder how difficult it would be to insert the missing frames later, in some kind of off-line script that has access to all the frames.

Hi Volatello and everyone,

I connecterd my Thrustmaster Firestorm Dual Analog 3 controller to my Android phone via OTG; the controller is recognized correctly, but the "throttle" channel ranges from 0 to 1, while all other 3 channels span from -1 to 1. As a result, I cannot map correctly one channel, because the stick will only go half way, from minimum to 0 (or from 0 to maximum if I reverse). Neither manual setting of channels for video and fast mode will allow me to improve the situation. Is there a way to implement manual calibration so that even "incomplete" channels can be normalized to return a value between -1 and 1? Under Windows 11 this option is present and it works correctly.

Thanks,

Paolo.

I am not aware of a function in android to do this at the OS system level. Maybe there exists a special driver to normalize the values?

At the app level this function doesn't exist, and since you are the second person to ask over several years it certainly isn't a mainstream requirement. So i hesitate to clutter the already overloaded controller settings even more to implement it.
Sorry

Reactions: ilciumbia
I am not aware of a function in android to do this at the OS system level. Maybe there exists a special driver to normalize the values?

At the app level this function doesn't exist, and since you are the second person to ask over several years it certainly isn't a mainstream requirement. So i hesitate to clutter the already overloaded controller settings even more to implement it.
Sorry
No problem, I understand. Thanks for replying, anyway!

Hi Volatello,

is it possible to define (and then save, and reuse) in TelloFPV a macro that defines what Tello shall do starting from the current point?

For example:
1. turn on video;
2. fly 1m up, 3m back, 3m right;
3. turn video off;
4. return back.

It may be a great feature, if it dopesn't exist yet.
Thanks.

Hi Volatello,

is it possible to define (and then save, and reuse) in TelloFPV a macro that defines what Tello shall do starting from the current point?

For example:
1. turn on video;
2. fly 1m up, 3m back, 3m right;
3. turn video off;
4. return back.

It may be a great feature, if it dopesn't exist yet.
Thanks.
No, that does not exits in TelloFpv. This sort of programming is a feature of programming apps like droneblocks.

I played a bit with record & replay: the user flies manually, recording a set of waypoints along the way which Tello then automatically replays. Sadly the replay accuracy wasn't that great so I dropped that idea.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv