Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

TelloFPV -Tune Controls?

I just checked :
Decoding of the values sent by the controller is correct and is using the full range provided by the controller. The controller sends 5 bytes for 4 sticks, or 10bits per axis. TelloFpv reads these as values from 0 to 1023 and converts this correctly.

I have no clue what this T1D app does, and why it shows different values. I can only assume it has something to do with the T1D calibration process that you can execute in this app. These calibration values do not seem to be saved into the T1D. At least not for me, but I can't read chinese.

Thank you for checking that so quickly.

Unfortunately, I can't read Chinese too :(

Maybe I'll change controller....

I just checked :
Decoding of the values sent by the controller is correct and is using the full range provided by the controller. The controller sends 5 bytes for 4 sticks, or 10bits per axis. TelloFpv reads these as values from 0 to 1023 and converts this correctly.

I have no clue what this T1D app does, and why it shows different values. I can only assume it has something to do with the T1D calibration process that you can execute in this app. These calibration values do not seem to be saved into the T1D. At least not for me, but I can't read chinese.
For your information : I have tested the stock Tello app, and the Gamesir reacts normally. So it is probably a Tello FPV problem, or with a library.

I returned the Gamesir, and wait for a flypad.

But anyway, thank you for your support.

So it is probably a Tello FPV problem
If Android OS recognizes a controller, it works with Tellofpv.

Good luck with your Flypad, hope you don't have any BT interference. Please report back after you get it and play with it awhile.

I have a T1s I'm happy with, but always curious if the increased precision of the Flypad would be somehow better

If Android OS recognizes a controller, it works with Tellofpv.

Good luck with your Flypad, hope you don't have any BT interference. Please report back after you get it and play with it awhile.

I have a T1s I'm happy with, but always curious if the increased precision of the Flypad would be somehow better
It should arrive today :)

What kind of interference may I expect ?

What kind of interference may I expect ?
Hopefully, none! :D

Seems to depend on the phone - some have little, if any... with others, some interference shows up in the display view & videos.

The controller communicates with the phone via BT.
The phone communicates with Tello via Wi-Fi.

The radio frequency of Wi-Fi and BT is very close together, and in certain cases with certain phones this causes the signals to interfere with each other.

Bluetooth interference comes in two flavours as far as I can see.

#1 if you activate BT, you may experience the video feed to make a pause every 3 seconds or so. That happens on some of my devices running LineageOS, even if no controller is connected. The cause is some Android process doing some network work in the background. Just switching on BT is enough to trigger this.
There is nothing you can do about this, except to replace the phone or try another ROM.

#2 whenever BT and wifi packets collide one of them gets lost. Which one depends on your phone and the wifi / BT chip, but it seems BT most often wins. A lost wifi package will cause areas of pixel garbage that get repaired after 20-50 milliseconds (in some cases it may take longer).
Using a wifi extender helps the Wifi signal to stand out over the BT signal. A lost BT signal is typically not a problem, because Flypad sends position data every few milliseconds. Worst case is that you have some control lag of 50ms but not consistently, only every few seconds. Not noticeable in most cases.

If you see bad pixelation / interference its best to reduce the bitrate and increase the IFrame rate. Smaller MBps creates smaller frames that are quicker to transport, thus less likely to collide with BT packets.

I have two phones and one tablet which have bad problems with #1. A few more device which are OK. And I have a tablet wich is just perfect (a 2013 Nexus 7)

Hi,

Sorry for late answer, but I was very busy last week, and I couldn't make as many tests as I wish. But it seems that I had many interferences between my Tello and Samsung S9+ using the Flypad controller. I may look to the Gamesir T1S (wired), but I would like to know if I will experience the same kind of problem that I had with T1D and the range of the joystick going from zero to max with only a light touch, as shown on thread #15 (TelloFPV -Tune Controls?).

Stock tune in video mode should be perfectly smooth and slow. I suggest returning all tuning parameters to their defaults. Then, before you take off, verify that you are Video Mode, and not Sport Mode, and verify periodically that you remain in Video Mode. You'll soon develop a feel for their differences.

If you wish to learn the basics of what those tuning parameters do, download the TelloFPV manual. Nearly as impressive as the app itself, the TelloFPV manual describes in careful detail, how to use the app. On top of that, the developer has generously included practical descriptions, and definitions, of more general RC aircraft concepts, and terms. I recommend taking the time to read it like a book. To skip straight to the answers you seek, search the documnet for the relevant keyword (press Ctrl + F, and type in your keyword.) For instance, typing in "expo," and proceeding to the second instance of the word will land you on page 15, where you'll find a description of the expo function. Reading should give you a functional understanding of the concept, and experimenting/playing with the actual settings will then tighten your grasp of it.

Once you understand the tuning parameters, it will be a piece of cake to slow things down even further than default Video Mode, if that's what you are after.

One last thing. Many pilots are perfectly happy flying with on screen controls, while others like myself prefer the tactile feel of real controls. TelloFPV is compatible with nearly every Bluetooth, or OTG controller under the sun. I started with an XBox One S(?) controller, which works in either Bluetooth mode, or OTG mode (recommended,) and now currently fly using my actual RC radio, a FrSky Taranis X-Lite with USB OTG connection. You will find a lot of info on controllers, and how they work with TelloFPV, in the manual.
I have a Taranis X9D, would like to know your setting to control the tello with it. what do you plug the USB OTG cable to? the phone into the Taranis usb? where does one find a cable like that at? and how to setup the Taranis for usb bluetooth? please tell me more about that setup

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv