Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

TelloPFV Mapping Help

RWH

Reaction score
TelloFPV is just a super app. Congratulations to the developer. Usually software has things you don't want and a couple of things you wish it would have. TelloFPV nailed it. So much more flexible and easy to use.

Now for a question:

My setup: Ryse Tello, GameSir T1s (BT), TelloFPV App

In learning just what the app will do I have experimented with "mapping" buttons. I now know what I want the buttons to do. How do I erase the mappings I have done so far so I can remap to the configuration I want.

Any help is appreciated!

Reactions: TelloViewSJCampos
You should be able to just map over the existing ones to change them. Tap the function you want to change then the desired controller button.

I understand and that works. I guess I should have been more clear. I have some buttons mapped that I don't want to do anything. I need to remove what I have mapped and return them to "blank".

Reactions: xcrost
Its just like I want to start over again and now that I know what I want, a "clean slate" would be wonderful.

I don't know of a way to clear a function but once you re-assign a function it leaves the original one blank. A work around would be to re-assign each button to the same button ;)

Think I found a way to reset all mapping. I use a Samsung 5 S. If I go to the application manager, under TelloFPV there is a button to "CLEAR DATA". It said it would clear all files, setting, accounts, databases, etc. It worked. All the default setting are now there.

Anyway, thank for the help!!!

sorry for being late to the party. Just for the records: RTFM :)

To erase all controller settings: menu - Settings - controller - press "Clear" button (this "forgets" previously detected controllers, and clears all controller settings)

To clear out a single mapped button: double tap the assignment

Or just remove all app settings of course, but then you have a virgin installation that starts again with license validation and a clear flight log.

Hint: Get an OTG cable, its 100% worth it.

Your the guy. Thank you for the wonderful app. OTG cable is supposed to be here today. For what this app does, it seems too cheap. Look forward to the upgrades. Its obvious this app was built by someone who fly's, not some guy just building software.

Again, many thanks!

For what this app does, it seems too cheap.
Some say so - and some disagree :)

My typical suggestion to those who think its too cheap:
Consider how much more you consider appropriate. Maybe $2 or $5?
Next time you run into some homeless poor fella remember this and give it.

Give and you shall receive (good karma in this case)

Last edited:

To erase all controller settings: menu - Settings - controller - press "Clear" button (this "forgets" previously detected controllers, and clears all controller settings)

Or just remove all app settings of course, but then you have a virgin installation that starts again with license validation and a clear flight log.

Do you realize how may times I have read the * manual? Can't remember it all!lmao

Reactions: volate!lo

So I just went for a testflight after the updates to the app and oddly the OTG cable works without using the Wi-Fi repeater, but when I use the repeater it does not work ?. I even tried using multiple cables and still same result. I have also found that the Tello tends to shoot up 5 ft or so higher than it normally does on take off. I also find that when I lower it it raises itself back up a few feet after I let go of the throttle. Hope the input helps.

The app doesn't know anything about OTG or WIFI. That is all transparently handled by Android - but I can't imagine what could cause your problems. It certainly isn't related to the app, because as said it knows nothing about this.

Hover after startup: Try again using different apps inexactly the same location and light condition. There is no difference. there can't be because all apps just send "takeoff" to tello and Tello does it's thing all by itself. If it exceeds the normal 1-1.5m it sounds like too little light

If Terrain mode is active it can actually rise again after you lowered it, because after you release the stick it will record the current altitude above ground (and if thats off for some reason Tello will adjust altitude). I'll check that

Reactions: MNNJR69
The app doesn't know anything about OTG or WIFI. That is all transparently handled by Android - but I can't imagine what could cause your problems. It certainly isn't related to the app, because as said it knows nothing about this.

Hover after startup: Try again using different apps inexactly the same location and light condition. There is no difference. there can't be because all apps just send "takeoff" to tello and Tello does it's thing all by itself. If it exceeds the normal 1-1.5m it sounds like too little light

If Terrain mode is active it can actually rise again after you lowered it, because after you release the stick it will record the current altitude above ground (and if thats off for some reason Tello will adjust altitude). I'll check that

Ok will do. I'll let you know the results.

Okay. So I got an OTG cable for my gamesir T1s. For the life of me I cannot get it to work on the TelloFPV. It show up in the app, but does no control. BT is off. My phone is a Samsung 5s. The app finds the controller and the on screen "sticks are off". Primary controller is set. App finds the controller as a Xiaoji Gamesir T1s.

1- Are all OTG cables the same?
2- Am I missing something in my setup?

Help is appreciated.

Open controller settings. Select the controller as "student" in the controller settings, and onscreen for master. do not select to autohide the onscreen joysticks for now. Exit the settings.

Move the controller sticks. Do the onscreen joysticks move?

If not: Open controller settings - mapping. select the controller and then tap on one of the drone axes. move the stick you want to associate with this.Repeat for the other 3 axes. Exit settings.

Move the controller sticks. Do the onscreen joysticks move?

If not: Open controller settings. Press "Clear" button and start again from the top

Complete reboot of the phone.
Plug the host end of the cable into phone, other end into controller.
Controller lights up.
Can move things around the desktop of the phone.
Open the Tello app
App in settings controller clean, finds xiaoji Gamsir t1s 2.13
Under mapping controller cannot map anything. Example Take off landing > Y . first press nothing, second press brings up the side menu.

With on-board sticks shown, controller sticks do nothing. No controls work at all.
When I exit the app it says the controller is disconnected, but I can still move items on the phones screen.

t1s has several different connection modes, right now its using the mouse/key mode (you can move focus which a real gamepad can't).
You have to press some button combos to make it connect as a standard gamepad, but I don't remember which one

Has been addressed a couple of times here on the forum so just have a look, or try all the modes shown here

You are right. The third light on the center of the controller is marked Keyboard/Mouse. I'll have to see what I need to do.

Thanks!

After many tries I have figured out how to use the OTG cable. Works GREAT! This is what works for me.
1- Do not connect the controller to the phone.
2- Connect the OTG cable to the controller.
3- Turn on the controller pressing "Home" and "B"
4- Plug the OTG cable into the phone.

Done with Bluetooth OFF
Samsung s5, Gamesir T1s

Many thanks for all the input.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv