Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

The difference between regular Tello and Tello EDU (with Photos)

It's the same chip, the EDU just has the ability (= extra code) to connect to a wifi.

Technically every device that can connect to a wifi can also create its own network. That means that devices that can create their own network also are able to connect to a wifi. As always it's just the software limiting the features.

It's the same chip, the EDU just has the ability (= extra code) to connect to a wifi.

Technically every device that can connect to a wifi can also create its own network. That means that devices that can create their own network also are able to connect to a wifi. As always it's just the software limiting the features.

What if you were to change the firmware numbers in the TELLO EDU firmware to the current firmware of a standard TELLO?

Hi,
Thank you very much an3k for the images, they are clearer to see the inside than the next video below.
Yes, apparently other processor in on the other side of the PCB. You can see in the video [time 3:57]. Can there be a difference there?

Hey there!
Do you have any updates?
I own 6 pcs of Tello and wish toconvert them into Edu. Bought them to teach kids coding right after DJI introduced them into sales.
Than like half year later they introduced Tello edu and they do not want to give me update.
I own 6 pcs of Tello, 24 pcs of batteries, 6 4-way charges.
It does not make sense to throw away 6 Tellos if it is only matter to change firmware...

I know that it is not 100% related to this topic but, do you know what is the VPS camera that is used for this drone? I scratched the lens of mine and I cannot find a replacement!!

Have any one been successful in flashing TELLO EDU Firmware in a stranded TELLO ??
i think i flash edu firmware in a staranded tello .
1\ app is 1.60 and i see edu has a new firmware 2.05.01.17 .so i just update the edu.
2\not close the app ,i turn on stranded one in force update model(long press power button until green light off,then red light blink slow), and it can flash strand one the edu firmware.
but affter update,strand one not work anymore.when i push the power button green light on then red light blink some time ,and no more action.
i try to fing out if the firmare is no work or i just make some mistake when i update the strand one,so i just force update the strand one follow thie link use app 1.1.1
Unable to re-update firmware
3\app 1.1.1 can flash the strand one(but i can not see the firmware version).and it work.so i just do the same way :not close the app make edu to force update model.flash the edu with the stand firmware.this time after update edu not work.
4\with app 1.4 i flash the edu (but i also can not see the firmware version). it back to work
5\ i also try app 1.4 to force update strand one .the strand one not work yet.

edu strand
app 1.6 firmware 2.05.01.17 yes no
app 1.4 firmware unknow yes no
app 1.1.1 firmware unknow no yes

after all i think
1\firmware 2.05.01.17 is only for edu because if in normarl way it will not flash strand one with this firmware.
2\maybe app 1.1.1 is too old to edu.
but i not know why 1.4 can flash the edu but strand one.

notice
only first time i use 1.6 flash edu in normal way : power on tello ,connect ,and update.
all other update acttions are in force update way

i holp those information can do some hellp.

Very interesting.
All my attempts to put Edu firmware on Standard one goes wrong.

Now we can hope that with the new addition of Tello RoboMaster-TT somethings new will come out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv