Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Thinking in my next drone... Hubsan Zino vs. Fimi A3, what do you think?

aitowel

Reaction score
Well guys, for the moment I´m so happy with the Tello, but because I´m loving this aerial world, I´m starting to think in my next Drone, but without to pay too much like in a DJI (I dont have enought money for that brand). So, I think that the best options and the next step (in money context) in Video/Photo Quality (that is the thing here) would be the Hubsan Zino or the Fimi A3.

I saw a lot of reviews and all that, for the moment I really like more the video/photo quality of the Hubsan, but It´s look that the Hubsan has to much problem and It would be a little insecure in terms of conexion and "in fly" errors. Anyone has one of it? And anyway, what do you think? Another option apart Zino and A3?

Cheers guys.

Reactions: MNNJR69 and Terry
Well guys, for the moment I´m so happy with the Tello, but because I´m loving this aerial world, I´m starting to think in my next Drone, but without to pay too much like in a DJI (I dont have enought money for that brand). So, I think that the best options and the next step (in money context) in Video/Photo Quality (that is the thing here) would be the Hubsan Zino or the Fimi A3.

I saw a lot of reviews and all that, for the moment I really like more the video/photo quality of the Hubsan, but It´s look that the Hubsan has to much problem and It would be a little insecure in terms of conexion and "in fly" errors. Anyone has one of it? And anyway, what do you think? Another option apart Zino and A3?

Cheers guys.
I would look for a used phantom 4. The Phantom is the Phantom. ?

I'm agree with you guys, but a Phantom, Mavick Pro etc... Are like "top" drones, professional drones in fact. Before spend that money in that (because it's not only the drone, batteries too, pieces for fix... And DJI is expensive in this).

That drones are like a Big jump from the Tello, and I just want a good step, something between that, no more than 400$.

And I saw a lot of reviews about Hubson Zino and Fimo A3, and they really deserve a chance for the price that they cost i Guess, specially the Zino [emoji28]

Enviado desde mi MI 9 mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: Terry
I'm agree with you guys, but a Phantom, Mavick Pro etc... Are like "top" drones, professional drones in fact. Before spend that money in that (because it's not only the drone, batteries too, pieces for fix... And DJI is expensive in this).

That drones are like a Big jump from the Tello, and I just want a good step, something between that, no more than 400$.

And I saw a lot of reviews about Hubson Zino and Fimo A3, and they really deserve a chance for the price that they cost i Guess, specially the Zino [emoji28]

Take a look.

Reactions: aitowel

Cheers guys.

I have a Zino pro and it is an outstanding drone for the price! If you are going to purchase a Zino I would purchase the Zino pro. Not the original Zino. It has a better range and a slightly better camera. The Zino is still a great drone and although it did have some issues when it 1st came out, many have been resolved through firmware updates. The pro is a refined version of the original.
The only real major difference between the Fimi x8 SE and the Zino pro is VPS. Fimi has it and the Zino does not. The Zino pro has slightly cheaper accessories also and is extremely stable in flight. The flight times for both are within minutes apart. Also the Zino has NO geofencing, but the Fimi does. I'm not condoning breaking the law, but there are circumstances where the geo-fencing can be a drawback. I.E. indoor flight. I filmed inside a large building and if I would have had a drone with geofencing I would not have been able to do that because of the location of the building. The newest drone from Hubsan is the Zino 2 and like the Fimi it also has VPS, but it also has a better camera that shoots 4k 60fps at 100 bit as opposed to 30fps at50 bit on the Zino pro, but it is about $599 USD with only 1 battery and no case. It is also out of stock and only being sold through gearbest. You can get the Zino pro with 2 batteries and a case for $399USD and you can get it on Amazon instead of gearbest and you won't have to wait for 1 - 1&1/2 months. I am going to purchase a 2nd Zino pro this week. I started a drone business and I can't afford to go without a working drone and lose business, so having a 2nd one is the best just in case I have a crash and for the price the Zino pro is just a great buy. Also I figure after 6mo or so the price for the Zino 2 will go down. DJI has great drones, but the Zino has most of the features a mavic has with the exception of the camera. The Zino still has a great camera with manual settings and for the price it's a great alternative. Hope the input helps.!

Reactions: Terry and aitowel
I have a Zino pro and it is an outstanding drone for the price! If you are going to purchase a Zino I would purchase the Zino pro. Not the original Zino. It has a better range and a slightly better camera. The Zino is still a great drone and although it did have some issues when it 1st came out, many have been resolved through firmware updates. The pro is a refined version of the original.
The only real major difference between the Fimi x8 SE and the Zino pro is VPS. Fimi has it and the Zino does not. The Zino pro has slightly cheaper accessories also and is extremely stable in flight. The flight times for both are within minutes apart. Also the Zino has NO geofencing, but the Fimi does. I'm not condoning breaking the law, but there are circumstances where the geo-fencing can be a drawback. I.E. indoor flight. I filmed inside a large building and if I would have had a drone with geofencing I would not have been able to do that because of the location of the building. The newest drone from Hubsan is the Zino 2 and like the Fimi it also has VPS, but it also has a better camera that shoots 4k 60fps at 100 bit as opposed to 30fps at50 bit on the Zino pro, but it is about $599 USD with only 1 battery and no case. It is also out of stock and only being sold through gearbest. You can get the Zino pro with 2 batteries and a case for $399USD and you can get it on Amazon instead of gearbest and you won't have to wait for 1 - 1&1/2 months. I am going to purchase a 2nd Zino pro this week. I started a drone business and I can't afford to go without a working drone and lose business, so having a 2nd one is the best just in case I have a crash and for the price the Zino pro is just a great buy. Also I figure after 6mo or so the price for the Zino 2 will go down. DJI has great drones, but the Zino has most of the features a mavic has with the exception of the camera. The Zino still has a great camera with manual settings and for the price it's a great alternative. Hope the input helps.!
Wow, thanks you so much for that information, its a lot! And really between the normal Zino and the Pro version, both have manual video settings then??

And anyway, i would like the pro version because, although i dont pretend to pilot so far, I think that is better for the security and stability of the controller conexion have that plus range (1km vs. 4km).

Did you have any big problem or something with the Zino?

And last, did you tried that 5000mah battery that looks oficially from Hubsan?

Thanks again for your time! [emoji16]

Reactions: Terry
Wow, thanks you so much for that information, its a lot! And really between the normal Zino and the Pro version, both have manual video settings then??

And anyway, i would like the pro version because, although i dont pretend to pilot so far, I think that is better for the security and stability of the controller conexion have that plus range (1km vs. 4km).

Did you have any big problem or something with the Zino?

And last, did you tried that 5000mah battery that looks oficially from Hubsan?

Thanks again for your time! [emoji16]

I've have NO issues with the pro. It's rock solid. Don't do any firmware updates if you don't have to. Sometimes they can be buggy. If it works don't fix it.
I don't know if the originals Zino has manual video and photo settings, but the pro does.
I don't have a 5000 mAh battery. I've seen people use them and they do not fit like a normal battery does. They stick out the end and you have to use a velcro attachment to hold them into the Drone. It's not something I would use. And from the reviews I've seen you only get about an extra five to eight minutes of flight. The original Zino and the Zino pro batteries are interchangeable though. The batteries are only $40USD so I have three of them.

Last edited:
first consider if current regulations (or those that are already on the horizon) affect your choice.
Then think what you want to do with it, and what is important to you. Really good videos? Only stills? Range? Good FPV? Possibly VR FPV? Size? flight time?
Only then you can start to think about particular drones

Reactions: MNNJR69

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv