Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

UDP Packet Communication Failures

Gambit Crowley

Reaction score
Last year my my Comp Sci teacher and I set up Tello Edu control with UDP packet sending. When I came to visit the school again, when trying to replicate what we had set up, nothing would seem to work. The problem that we are having is that when connected to the Tello Edu device with a UDP packet sender, when sending "command" to 192.168.10.1 we don't get a response. This is the first step in UDP piloting, so we can not even connect it to the access point that we have for drone control. Normally it returns OK or error, but now it is returning neither, it simply does nothing. We have tried resetting the wifi by holding the power button until the light flashes yellow again. Along with this, none of the drones in the fleet of 8 will connect to either the access point or fly from phones anymore. The reason that they disconnected in the first place was because to comply with school rules, we had to reset the access point, but failed to disconnect them first, not thinking that there would be a problem. If anyone else has had this problem, we would be grateful for the help.
--------------------------------------
Gambit Crowley

Sounds like a firewall issue. Was this a sanctioned access point (AP)? Typical for educational/corporate risk policy to disable rogue APs, denied by MAC address filtering or switch port disabled for devices that don't meet access list policies. Check with the IT admin or have them look at the firewall logs.

Sounds like a firewall issue. Was this a sanctioned access point (AP)? Typical for educational/corporate risk policy to disable rogue APs, denied by MAC address filtering or switch port disabled for devices that don't meet access list policies. Check with the IT admin or have them look at the firewall logs.
So we figured out what it was, even though we had used 3 different packet senders from 3 different devices, we were mistaken as to what the problem was, we just had bad packet senders. We had only changed one thing, and that one thing was that the computer that we used had a usb wifi adapter, which made the packet sender fail. The other 2 simply didn't work, but now they do, thanks for the help though, we had that problem the first time that we set it up.
Gambit Crowley

Reactions: ZWActual
It was just because windows 10 gets confused when there is more than one network adapter
Gambit Crowley

Reactions: ZWActual

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv