Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Unable to re-update firmware

hi there, i had the same problem and i came up with the solution. The real problem is the app, to update te firmware you need to install the tello app v1.1.1 (you can find it online) and a charge battery.
Without the battery press and hold the power buttom and conect the charger, keep holdin the power buttom and insert the battery, when the green led turn off release the power buttom. It will turn a pulsing red light, connect the tello to your device and procede to install the firmware from the app.
this work for me and i hope works for you.
sorry about my inglish i´m from argentina
IT'S WORKING !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ==> GRACIAS !!

I have been able to recover my 2 defective devices!
What an amazing solution provided by my new best friend from Argentina :D

If you need the Android version you can download the apk here==>: APK Link on dropbox

Working fine with my Samsung S20Ultra 5G, small error message when running but after, removed and upgraded to the latest one.

• Love
Reactions: Argentina
IT'S WORKING !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ==> GRACIAS !!

I have been able to recover my 2 defective devices!
What an amazing solution provided by my new best friend from Argentina :D

If you need the Android version you can download the apk here==>: APK Link on dropbox

Working fine with my Samsung S20Ultra 5G, small error message when running but after, removed and upgraded to the latest one.
Happy to help!!!

YEAHHHHH, thanks for the suggestion, works also for me and finally fixed this mess!!!

Just to summarize:
- delete the original Tello App from your phone
- download the 1.1.1 version (link here Download Tello 1.1.1 Android APK) straight on your mobile device
- install the App just by opening the downloaded APK file and then open the App
- download through the App the latest firmware
- with a full charged battery, turn on the Tello drone in "reset mode" (keep pressed the power-on button until green led stays on, then when the light turns off release the power button: now the led keeps blinking red and you can connect to the drone's wifi)
- connect the drone to the App and install the new firmware on it (now you will not receive the "less than 50% battery" error!!!!!!!)
- the drone is now correctly working again, so you can also delete the V1.1.1 App and install the latest one from the App store ;)

ENJOY

Unbelievable - I had six days guarantee left and DJI/ Ryze sent a renewed Tello to me. Works fine - but why is DJI/ Ryze not able to deliver the software solution to their customers? Far from customer orientation...

Thank you here for the solution and enjoy your Tellos

I'll hold the power button for 5 seconds. It will glow green for 5 seconds and then it will turn off, after which I'll let go of the power button and it will start pulsating red. Standard procedure.

Where problems begin is when I connect to Tello in this state, it's reading low battery (also has no video but maybe that's how it's supposed to be).

As it's reading low battery, it won't let me update it as it thinks it's under 50%.

I'll turn on Tello the normal way and it will read full battery(this was right after charging it, so it's correct).

I've explained this to Ryze Support and they told me to read steps again...

I'm doing it all properly, it even says Firmware 0.0 when I do the 5 second hold boot.

Does anyone know the solution for this?

I've used TelloFPV app to see the exact percentage of the battery when Tello is pulsating red.
View attachment 6767

0% - obviously some kind of bug?
Just to clarify, I am using stock Tello app to update firmware, not TelloFPV.

The readings are the same in both apps.
I contacted DJI help, and after many emails they helped. I insisted it was a software problem and explained that many people on this forum are reporting the same issue. They insisted several times that I had to send the drone in for repair, but I kept insisting it was a software issue and asked them to refer me to someone else that could help. After several emails they finally sent me an APK file with a version that worked on an android phone from xiaomi. I followed the instructions to update firmware and problem solved. The App version is 1.4.0.0.

I contacted DJI help, and after many emails they helped. I insisted it was a software problem and explained that many people on this forum are reporting the same issue. They insisted several times that I had to send the drone in for repair, but I kept insisting it was a software issue and asked them to refer me to someone else that could help. After several emails they finally sent me an APK file with a version that worked on an android phone from xiaomi. I followed the instructions to update firmware and problem solved. The App version is 1.4.0.0.
Could you link the APK file?

Y en mismo problema alguien me puede ayudar por favor en la web te Dan largas gracias

Y en mismo problema alguien me puede ayudar por favor en la web te Dan largas gracias
luis es facil, busca en insternet la app de tello pero la v1.4 o anteriores (busca tello apk v1.4) instala esa version.
de ahi mientras apretas el boton del tello inserta la bateria, prende una luz verde, cuando se apague la luz verde solta el boton. ahora te va a aparecer una luz roja y te vas a poder conectar al tello. desde la app actualiza el firmware y listo.
cualquier duda avisame, espero que te sirva

Reactions: Luis l
luis es facil, busca en insternet la app de tello pero la v1.4 o anteriores (busca tello apk v1.4) instala esa version.
de ahi mientras apretas el boton del tello inserta la bateria, prende una luz verde, cuando se apague la luz verde solta el boton. ahora te va a aparecer una luz roja y te vas a poder conectar al tello. desde la app actualiza el firmware y listo.
Muchas gracias lo voy a intentar de nuevo, he intentado instalarlo con el archivo que dji tello me han enviado y nada

Thanks for the procedure, it worked perfectly ! I had to use the Tello Android app mentioned above, no way to do it with the latest version, wether on iPhone or Android.
You’re the best :)

Reactions: Argentina
Can you please share the APK? I tried downloading from various sites but the app doesn't seem to work.

Hello everyone, I ran into the same problem, only tello EDU, application versions 1.1 and 1.4 do not download the firmware for EDU. Maybe someone has a tello 1.6 app without a battery check?

hi there, i had the same problem and i came up with the solution. The real problem is the app, to update te firmware you need to install the tello app v1.1.1 (you can find it online) and a charge battery.
Without the battery press and hold the power buttom and conect the charger, keep holdin the power buttom and insert the battery, when the green led turn off release the power buttom. It will turn a pulsing red light, connect the tello to your device and procede to install the firmware from the app.
Hi Argentina Chipmum3

Thank you sooo much. I had the same problem as the above posts and following your instructions by downloading the Tello app v1.1.1 I Finally got past the "50% battery can't update issue". When the update started the red pulsing light started flashing fast but then seemed to get stuck at 99% and at that time the red pulsing light turned solid. It stayed at 99% solid red for well over 10 min so I unplugged and shut everything down, thinking the update failed. Much to my surprise the tello powered up and flew perfectly once again. Your post saved my previously bricked Tello
You are a Champ cheers

Worked to me, just install on an Android phone the Tello app version v1.1.1 (apk) , try to make the red led pulsating, connect the aircraft, download the firmware and update the aircraft. The led should change to blue blinking and the battery will charge. Thank you!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv