Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Unable to re-update firmware

YEAHHHHH, thanks for the suggestion, works also for me and finally fixed this mess!!!

Just to summarize:
- delete the original Tello App from your phone
- download the 1.1.1 version (link here Download Tello 1.1.1 Android APK) straight on your mobile device
- install the App just by opening the downloaded APK file and then open the App
- download through the App the latest firmware
- with a full charged battery, turn on the Tello drone in "reset mode" (keep pressed the power-on button until green led stays on, then when the light turns off release the power button: now the led keeps blinking red and you can connect to the drone's wifi)
- connect the drone to the App and install the new firmware on it (now you will not receive the "less than 50% battery" error!!!!!!!)
- the drone is now correctly working again, so you can also delete the V1.1.1 App and install the latest one from the App store ;)

ENJOY
I’m probably text illiterate, but I’m trying to download these old app versions to my iPhone. When I do I get a blank white file in my downloads that, when I open it, just displays v1.1.1 or v1.4.0 on my screen but I can’t turn that into an app. Please help anyone!

Reactions: vobler
I’m probably text illiterate, but I’m trying to download these old app versions to my iPhone. When I do I get a blank white file in my downloads that, when I open it, just displays v1.1.1 or v1.4.0 on my screen but I can’t turn that into an app. Please help anyone!
It won’t work on an iPhone. You can only do it on an Android phone.

hi there, i had the same problem and i came up with the solution. The real problem is the app, to update te firmware you need to install the tello app v1.1.1 (you can find it online) and a charge battery.
Without the battery press and hold the power buttom and conect the charger, keep holdin the power buttom and insert the battery, when the green led turn off release the power buttom. It will turn a pulsing red light, connect the tello to your device and procede to install the firmware from the app.
this work for me and i hope works for you.
sorry about my inglish i´m from argentina
iPhone? :(

YEAHHHHH, thanks for the suggestion, works also for me and finally fixed this mess!!!

Just to summarize:
- delete the original Tello App from your phone
- download the 1.1.1 version (link here Download Tello 1.1.1 Android APK) straight on your mobile device
- install the App just by opening the downloaded APK file and then open the App
- download through the App the latest firmware
- with a full charged battery, turn on the Tello drone in "reset mode" (keep pressed the power-on button until green led stays on, then when the light turns off release the power button: now the led keeps blinking red and you can connect to the drone's wifi)
- connect the drone to the App and install the new firmware on it (now you will not receive the "less than 50% battery" error!!!!!!!)
- the drone is now correctly working again, so you can also delete the V1.1.1 App and install the latest one from the App store ;)

ENJOY
You are a lifesaver! Thank you! It works!

Same issue on iPhone. I talked with Ryze. They again first wanted me to send in the Tello for "repair." I insisted it was a firmware glitch, and told them the problem was all over the internet and could be fixed by using the earlier Tello app 1.1.1 . They obviously know of issue but are not willing to admit it, at least at first. However, when I persisted, I was finally told they would send me a the fix for an Android phone! Then I said I had iPhone. She said there was no patch for iPhone and reverted to the script saying I needed to send in the phone for "repair." (This makes no sense since they admit they can fix the issue with firmware for an Android, but there it is.) Hopefully they will fix with the next update IF everyone who has this problem calls Ryze tech support to make it known .

hi there, i had the same problem and i came up with the solution. The real problem is the app, to update te firmware you need to install the tello app v1.1.1 (you can find it online) and a charge battery.
Without the battery press and hold the power buttom and conect the charger, keep holdin the power buttom and insert the battery, when the green led turn off release the power buttom. It will turn a pulsing red light, connect the tello to your device and procede to install the firmware from the app.
GOD BLESS YOU Its 2022, I had mind busting problem. I was searching for like few months for a solution. DJI just ignored me like they didn't care at all.

WORKED for me as well!
Thank you Argentina!!!

Reactions: Bobcat

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccer843