Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Using both the GameSir T1D controller and the xiaomi extender

Unconnected

Reaction score
Recieved my gamesir yesterday and it works perfectly with my iphone 6s and the tello drone. I also have the xiaomi extender and i’ve been flying with that as well without a problem. The problem is using both! As soon as I connect the gamesir (after connecting to the extender) the video feed freezes. My dad has the same setup but with a iphone 5s and he has the same problem.

Is there anybody using both the extender and the gamesir (bluetooth) at the sametime without problems?

I use t1D with the Meross Extender without problems using iPhone 8. I gave up on Xiaomi Extender. Meross was $16-$17 on Amazon

I ran into similar problems with a T1, MI wi-fi and iPhone 8 (& SE). Developed a start up sequence:

Power on GameSir T1
Connect MI wi-fi extender to powerbank
Power on Tello
(T1 usually vibrates within a minute signaling connection with iPhone)
Wait for blue light on MI extender (i usually close open apps & attach the phone to the controller)
Open Tello app & select "Connect Tello"
Navigate to wi-fi & select the tello...plus network
Reopen Tello app, tap the settings icon, select bluetooth controller, tap the Gamesir to activate and tap off the menu to close
Adjust recording type
Fly

Good luck!

Reactions: nicecontrast
I ran into similar problems with a T1, MI wi-fi and iPhone 8 (& SE). Developed a start up sequence:

Power on GameSir T1
Connect MI wi-fi extender to powerbank
Power on Tello
(T1 usually vibrates within a minute signaling connection with iPhone)
Wait for blue light on MI extender (i usually close open apps & attach the phone to the controller)
Open Tello app & select "Connect Tello"
Navigate to wi-fi & select the tello...plus network
Reopen Tello app, tap the settings icon, select bluetooth controller, tap the Gamesir to activate and tap off the menu to close
Adjust recording type
Fly

Good luck!

Thanks! I tried something similar, but as soon as I connected the bluetooth controller the video feed froze or got way choppy. Fixed it by not setting the video bitrate to auto but to 1 mbit and everything was fine! Next flight the bitrate was automatically set to auto again, but somehow it still worked :p must have been some magical setting :rolleyes: lol

(btw this worked on both my device and my dads, so if anyone ever got this issue, please try to set the bitrate to something fixed!)

Reactions: nicecontrast

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv