Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Video stuttery

annevanzwol

Reaction score
Loving this little quad. Nicely build and stable in flight (even in low light conditions).

The video feed however is choppy. Even when standing close with my iPhone 8+

What are your experiences?

Reactions: Rob stowell
same. Its becuase its streaming it back to the phone. Its fighting for bandwidth with the controls.
But the electronic stabilization works really well.

attached is a screen grab from a video I did just flying around the garage yesterday. you can see the pixilation, it comes and goes.

chop.jpeg

Change to a place without much signal interference and do not block the phone's antenna position(the upper part of the phone) with your hand.

Change to a place without much signal interference and do not block the phone's antenna position(the upper part of the phone) with your hand.
But I get it even if the Tello is 15 feet from me. Maybe it's an android s7 issue??? I'm seeing this in a rural setting far away from the city area. BTW my Mavic will have degraded video from time to time but this is (in the Tello video) more like a stuttering effect.

Last edited:
I hope this is an issue that can be fixed with a firmware update. I got mine yesterday and the video is very choppy. It’s also very pixelated.

Loving this little quad. Nicely build and stable in flight (even in low light conditions).

Note that the antennas are at the rear, while the camera and the status indicator -- which are generally what we want to see -- are at the front.

Why DJI chose to place the antennas at the rear of the aircraft when we will generally want the front of the aircraft facing us, I haven't a clue.

But I get it even if the Tello is 15 feet from me. Maybe it's an android s7 issue??? I'm seeing this in a rural setting far away from the city area. BTW my Mavic will have degraded video from time to time but this is (in the Tello video) more like a stuttering effect.
In terms of the signal quality, IOS is better than Android.

The firmware that will be released in this week will solve the choppy problem and just wait for it patiently.
Thanks. It seems to have fixed that problem. Any idea when the app will be updated to save my photo/video quality settings so I don’t have to do it every time I power up the drone?

Does your avatar suggest that you work for Ryze in China?

If so, that's a fabulous idea by Ryze.

And if not, glad to have you here anyway, as you appear to have inside information re what's coming next.

Do you know when sufficient batteries will be available, e.g., 4 additional batteries for each aircraft sold?

What are your experiences?
Looks like the firmware update helped with that, right?

Does your avatar suggest that you work for Ryze in China?

If so, that's a fabulous idea by Ryze.

And if not, glad to have you here anyway, as you appear to have inside information re what's coming next.

Do you know when sufficient batteries will be available, e.g., 4 additional batteries for each aircraft sold?
Maybe this idea will come true soon.

Thanks. It seems to have fixed that problem. Any idea when the app will be updated to save my photo/video quality settings so I don’t have to do it every time I power up the drone?
This is really a good question and Ryze has already considered about this problem.

I reloaded my Tello ap today after uninstalling the old one, and now the video works with the T1d controller, but I'm still getting jerky video. I've updated everything I can think of and still jerky video. Marc.

I got my Tello today. Charged it, loaded the app. Started the app. It said firmware requires updating. Turned the Tello on and updated the firmware.

Tried it and it flew great but video was choppy right away.

Put my Android S8 into Flight Mode and turned on only WiFi.

Much improved video with only minor skips.
Hope this helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv