Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

VPS issue?

Terryrahm

Reaction score
My Tello flies up about a foot then lands with motors still running then repeats this process. Battery is charged, firmware is latest, flying outdoors on sunny day. Cleaned VPS sensors with dry cotton cloth. Tried two different controllers with same result.
Help!

How long have you had the Tello? A lot of mileage on the motors?

The props spin freely on their own? They're straight, not bent? They all seem to stop spinning at the same time? Props should have a slight gap and not touching the motor housing?

No debris, hair or grass caught on the motor shaft(s)? Hot to the touch? Use a IR temp gun.

How long have you had the Tello? A lot of mileage on the motors?

The props spin freely on their own? They're straight, not bent? They all seem to stop spinning at the same time? Props should have a slight gap and not touching the motor housing?

No debris, hair or grass caught on the motor shaft(s)? Hot to the touch? Use a IR temp gun.
Tello is relatively new and has flown well out of the box. I checked all your suggestions and found no problems. Thanks for the reply.

@Terryrahm

Is the up and down occurring all the time or random?
Every time. When I issue the takeoff it flies up about 12 inches then immediately lands rather abruptly with motors still running and then the motors spool up and it lifts off again over and over. It does not respond immediately to the land command.

Reactions: Gigione
Sounds like an ESC (electronic speed controller) issue. If that, not an user replaceable part.

Perhaps reflash the firmware as it could have been a corrupt download/upload. Try a Center of Gravitation calibration, although the Tello has to be in a hover state to accomplish that.

You say it's relatively new - any chance of exchanging it for a working unit with the merchant?

Sounds like an ESC (electronic speed controller) issue. If that, not an user replaceable part.

Perhaps reflash the firmware as it could have been a corrupt download/upload. Try a Center of Gravitation calibration, although the Tello has to be in a hover state to accomplish that.

You say it's relatively new - any chance of exchanging it for a working unit with the merchant?

I once contacted Ryze's support because the New Tello I bought was moving to the side of nowhere and I thought it was a firmware error, and what the support told me was the following
-Press the On / Off button for 5 sec
- When the red LED is flashing connect to the drone
-Then in the Tello App, reinstall the latest firmware version

I did that and improved something, and it was something that I didn't know, of course I calibrated the IMU and the gravitational center.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv