Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Wi-Fi Repeater usage tip.

yechuperka

Reaction score
Hello mates,
Today I have learned a new lesson about how to use a Wi-Fi repeater. I saw on the youtube that some guy attached his repeater to a phone using a two-sided tape, actually he attached a power bank but this doesn't matter. I thought: Hmm, it's a good idea! And I tried to fly with an attached repeater. The lesson that I learned is the idea to place two radio transmitters (repeater and phone) near is very bad. It works ok in 30-50 meters but in >100 meters problems start to appear and they are related to interference, video stream freezes and etc. After that, I have detached repeater and put it to the ground, targetted it to my Tello, and problems are disappeared and I was able to continue my flight with a full bandwidth.

Reactions: Doug D
yep cos u need place repeater far from phone and on direction of dron flying (5-15m maybe)
cos your phone making interference with too strong signal.
and u must use only wired gamepad with no bluetooth=)

and that fun but "mi repeater 2" have socket for connecting external antenna (if I'm not mistaken)

Reactions: yechuperka
nd that fun but "mi repeater 2" have socket for connecting external antenna (if I'm not mistaken)
Actually I haven't seen the socket on my repeater, it has an indicator and a reset button only. But, I have seen radio reflectors for DJI drones that increase bandwidth and I'm planning to build a same one to test how it would work. The idea is crazy, I know :)

Reactions: TelloRiderBih
Actually I haven't seen the socket on my repeater, it has an indicator and a reset button only. But, I have seen radio reflectors for DJI drones that increase bandwidth and I'm planning to build a same one to test how it would work. The idea is crazy, I know :)
its... inside of it :
left line - pigtail for antenna
right line - capacitor that need to be unsolder
*from russian forum (Hubsan x4 H501M waypoints fpv - Страница 11)

but really i dont try that.

Вот  и разъем, никаких проблем для экспериментов_LI (1).jpg

its... inside of it :
left line - pigtail for antenna
right line - capacitor that need to be unsolder
*from russian forum (Hubsan x4 H501M waypoints fpv - Страница 11)

but really i dont try that.

View attachment 1407

I tried to read that forum but my russian is not so good and Google Translator is not working right for me.

Can you tell me if external antenna connector is presented in version 2 of Xiaomi wifi extender ?

Any report in that forum about quadcopter range improvement by connecting an external antenna there ?

Thanks a lot.

Raul

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv