Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Wide angle in slow mode

thello

Reaction score
Website
www.photo-culture.com
Hi there,
Apparently, the Tello uses a wider angle on the camera in fast pilot mode.
Is there a way to get the wide angle view of the fast mode but in slow mode.
I like the slow mode to make smoother videos but I'd like the wide angle...
Sorry if this was answered elsewhere, my searches didn't produce any result.

Thanks,
Th

You might be able to use a mobile phone lens to give you a wider view in slow mode. I tried it and it works ok for video but is no good for photos (which use the full sensor).
The lenses fix on using a small metal ring that sticks to the Tello and a magnet in the lens holds the lens to the ring. Cost about $5-10 from eBay.
IMG_9411.jpg

Here's a link to my earlier post:
Wide angle lens

Thanks a lot for the inputs and for the tip on the lens adapter!
Ok it makes sense now that fast mode with no stabilisation is wider than slow mode which has stabilisation and needs to crop.
I guess the video is too shaky in fast mode to get good results for the electronic stabilisation which is why they disabled it...
Could be interesting anyway to be able to disable stabilisation in slow mode or enable it in fast mode. (even if I understand the results would be less optimised)

Cheers!
Interesting. I will take a look at that deshake app for post recording stabilisation... let's see if it works on the videos taken with fast mode...

Cheers!
Interesting. I will take a look at that deshake app for post recording stabilisation... let's see if it works on the videos taken with fast mode...

Hey, it does work but you need to be really relaxed with handeling the flightsticks. It still cuts of a bit of the video in order to stabilize (thats normal) but does that way less than the slow mode view. I also found free software to make drone video's from 30 fps to 60 dps. I have added it to my post Just a little information for users

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
97bugsinthecode