Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

WiFi connected, but no connection between Tello and app

FoxAlpha

Reaction score
Hi there,

Did someone else experience to have a good wifi connection but no interaction with the Tello app?
Does anyone have a solution for that?

Greets from Germany

Hello
Yes same problem on nokia 6.
And works fine on samsung s7 edge
No solution yet

Found on youtube :
Switch on plane mode
Switch on wifi
Et voila !
Worked for me

At first, you must "Activate" your Tello before doing the rest. I have found that using an Android device is a bit more fiddly than an Apple iOS device. But both can be a problem when you first set up your drone. Apple stores all stock and sell DJI products so perhaps Apple gets the first shot at updates, etc?
Also, remember that your Tello requires BOTH a connection to your drone to first download updates (if needed) from your standard WIFI connection, and then a connection from your Tello's WIFI to operate your drone. So you will have to change from two WIFI connections to accomplish it all.

Found on youtube :
Switch on plane mode
Switch on wifi
Et voila !
Worked for me

I had trouble first day and found a note on this site that said to use the Tello on Android, that you need to turn off "Mobile data" which seemed to solve the problem for me. From your solution , it sounds like you were doing the same thing by turning on Airplane Mode, you killed all Comm from the phone including Mobile Data, then turned WiFi back on.

Reactions: wirelesskite
I had trouble first day and found a note on this site that said to use the Tello on Android, that you need to turn off "Mobile data" which seemed to solve the problem for me. From your solution , it sounds like you were doing the same thing by turning on Airplane Mode, you killed all Comm from the phone including Mobile Data, then turned WiFi back on.

Same here with my nokia 5, turn off mobile data first then turn on wifi, it works like a charm :)
Thanks rwittmann

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccer843