Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

WiFi Repeater advice

"Other drone pilots hate him. Learn this man's one simple trick to true happiness with stunning results."
The proof will be in the pudding, well the test flight anyway.
Fingers crossed all goes well.
The setup wasn't really that hard, I think the hardest was getting my phone to find the device, switched from one phone to another and it picked it up right off the bat.

Reactions: ZWActual
The proof will be in the pudding, well the test flight anyway.
Fingers crossed all goes well.
The setup wasn't really that hard, I think the hardest was getting my phone to find the device, switched from one phone to another and it picked it up right off the bat.
Yep, fairly easy to setup. Now go take that drone and repeater to the car wash. :cool: Have fun brah!

Reactions: The_5treet
Anyone know of a repeater that has removable antennas? so I can switch one out with a patch and leave the other as a dipole.

Hopefully getting my Xiaomi WiFi repeater next week, any hints or tips on getting the best performance would be appreciated.
Thanks ?

You just got an excellent accessory for Tello, it works great, I do not look for taking the Tello too far, I look for security and this Wi-Fi+ provides it, remember you could use a controller, if you have an iPhone or Samsung mobile, I would recommend you to use the Gamevice controller instead of GameSir T1, I have seen some interference caused by Bluetooth controllers, then just enjoy this awesome Drone

You just got an excellent accessory for Tello, it works great, I do not look for taking the Tello too far, I look for security and this Wi-Fi+ provides it, remember you could use a controller, if you have an iPhone or Samsung mobile, I would recommend you to use the Gamevice controller instead of GameSir T1, I have seen some interference caused by Bluetooth controllers, then just enjoy this awesome Drone
I bought a cheap Bluetooth controller from Amazon that works perfectly with the TelloFPV app, and cost less than the gamesir ones.

Reactions: MNNJR69

This worked flawlessly for me. Just make sure you choose mainland China for location because the repeater won't show up in the list if you don't. Then when you're done just uninstall the mi app

Yes it can be deleted. If you lose the configuration and it fails to connect, you will have to reset the repeater( by inserting a thumbtack in the small hole on the repeater, hold until yellow light is flashing) and re-install the app and start from the beginning. After it is configured though, there is no need for the app to be installed. I uninstalled it as soon as I was done configuring. I have heard of many people having to reconfigure multiple times, but I only had that issue one time. I think it was because I turned off the Tello1st and the repeater lost connection and tried to reconnect for several seconds before I disconnected the repeater. I always disconnect the repeater first and then power off the Tello and I have had no problems.

Hopefully getting my Xiaomi WiFi repeater next week, any hints or tips on getting the best performance would be appreciated.
Thanks ?

How's the flying experience with the repeater so far?

I personally noticed that without Xiaomi Wi-FI repeater my video quality is pretty bad and some skipped frames occur:

Compared to when using repeater:

However the wind effect on video quality isn't completely absent though.

Reactions: Magoo582
The Xiaomi repeater is hard to get (out of stock most of the time) and the Meross repeater is nearly impossible to find. The TP-Link TL-WR802N is another option. This video shows how to set it up (much simpler than Xiaomi repeater):

How's the flying experience with the repeater so far?

I personally noticed that without Xiaomi Wi-FI repeater my video quality is pretty bad and some skipped frames occur:

Compared to when using repeater:

However the wind effect on video quality isn't completely absent though.

Check your frame for micro fractures and change your props all 4 with new oem props, the jello video will go away

The Xiaomi repeater is hard to get (out of stock most of the time) and the Meross repeater is nearly impossible to find. The TP-Link TL-WR802N is another option. This video shows how to set it up (much simpler than Xiaomi repeater):
Can you post video showing the repeater in use in a flight. I dont see anywhere that this repeater supports MU-MIMO and that is required feature for tello to get video and controls to phone.

Can you post video showing the repeater in use in a flight. I dont see anywhere that this repeater supports MU-MIMO and that is required feature for tello to get video and controls to phone.
I will - it is a video that clearly shows the range improvement (until I nearly ran out of battery power) - from 130 feet to over 350 feet (if I remember correctly).

Tello works great with it, I recommend you to get a nice external battery, at least 5000 mHa so you can be sure nothig wrong will happen

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv