Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Wifi repeater HELP

I just spent 4 hours trying to get my extender to work, watching you-tube, I finally found one video I could understand{ it is tricky}---can you post links here?

I just bought the xiaoumi wifi repeater 2, but I can't connect it to my Tello. When I gotta connect a router it tells me the Tello is an unsecured network and I can't connect to it. Please help!

Thanks alot.

It’s a tricky process but the Gadget Inspector has an excellent YouTube video which will walk you through the process. I just installed mine last night with his help.

Here’s a link to the video:

Last edited:
I just spent 4 hours trying to get my extender to work, watching you-tube, I finally found one video I could understand{ it is tricky}---can you post links here?

Here’s a link to the Gadget Inspector’s excellent video which will walk you through the process step by step. I just installed mine last night with his help.

Here’s a link to the Gadget Inector’s excellent video which will walk you through the process. I just installed mine last night with his help.

Many Thanks Flyme, Looks like I did it right first time except I need to connect to the PLUS--not just the Tello. Cheers, I am all good and working.

I'm using the D-Link 1325 repeater with very good results.Simple connections and long range..

Attachments

• 319db7swnNL.jpg
    319db7swnNL.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 3
I have a problem, so can please someone who has Meross repeater help me... I have Meross wifi repeater for my Tello, but I am not sure if my connection works, because my Meross repeater glows red when connected to Tello. That color indicates there is no internet connection, but does that mean the connection with Tello works or not?

After some effort and researching I was able to get the Xiaomi to work.. But setup process and software in general is a garbage experience. Yes, Mainland China as region, and when searching for device be sure to type "wi-fi" WITH THE HYPHIN or else it will never appear as an option. Also must go into Tello app to create a wifi password in the settings menu in order to connect using Xiaomi. Unfortunately mine stopped working completely on the second day of use (didn't expect much for $12). However it did start intermittently working again on day 4 and was able to be used again with success. But who knows what will happen next time.

Got a refund on the Xiaomi (thanks amazon) and ordered the $5-more Meross next, everything went fine for the first setup following the very simple and thankfully english directions. But things started going wrong when trying to connect to the new network. It tried connecting indefinitely and never really succeeded, and things kind of came to a standstill. Reset the device using the button, started over and realized my mistake. Once you connect to the drone wifi, the interface now allows you to edit the name of the new, Meross network. The default is the same as the drone wifi name, and unfortunately this looks nearly identical to the screen where you just connected, so hitting continue will create two wifi networks with identical names. iOS was inevitably unable to handle something like that. Once I renamed the network on the second setup everything worked like a charm.
@Pogy The red light only indicates there is no internet connection. The wifi signal is still connected and that's all that is needed between your phone and the Tello.

TL;DR Xiaomi takes research to set up, but works for many people (until it doesn't). Meross has a major setup flaw at this time but is easy to address.

I haven't pushed the Meross to it's limit yet as far as range but I don't see why it wouldn't be at least as good as the Xiaomi.

I've tried and tried to connect my mi wifi2 and have given up. I really cannot get the slither of plastic to connect to my Tello. I got it to connect to my home router no problems at all. Hopefully the manufacturer shall bring out a add-on repeater for afew extra pounds. I shall be right up there. Just really don't see why???? Thinking of trying out my Phantom 2 vision extender needs a dust off and see if there's a way I can use that.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv