Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Wifi repeater

Terry

Reaction score
I set up my repeater last night, got my blue light and everything was fine. Today it doesn't seem to see the repeater any more. Flashing yellow. Do i need to reconnect the repeater again?

Flight815

Reaction score
Yes, after a few hours of working, I had to reset the wifi extender by pressing on that little reset button for several seconds. Then I setup the system again and it has worked perfectly ever since.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: akward59

MNNJR69

Reaction score
I set up my repeater last night, got my blue light and everything was fine. Today it doesn't seem to see the repeater any more. Flashing yellow. Do i need to reconnect the repeater again?

I had issues with my repeater losing the configuration also. I have found that if I power the repeater on first and then power the Tello on, the repeater seems to lose configuration. I have also found that if I power the Tello off and then unplug the repeater, again, the repeater loses its configuration.
So now when I fly, I always power the Tello on first and make sure that it is transmitting its Wi-Fi signal and then plug the repeater in and when I get a blue light on the repeater then I connect the phone. Then when I am done flying, I always unplug the repeater and then power off the Tello. When I power Up/Down in this sequence I have not had any issues with the repeater losing its configuration again, even if I don't fly for a while and it just sits for days. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Terry

Reaction score
I had issues with my repeater losing the configuration also. I have found that if I power the repeater on first and then power the Tello on, the repeater seems to lose configuration. I have also found that if I power the Tello off and then unplug the repeater, again, the repeater loses its configuration.
So now when I fly, I always power the Tello on first and make sure that it is transmitting its Wi-Fi signal and then plug the repeater in and when I get a blue light on the repeater then I connect the phone. Then when I am done flying, I always unplug the repeater and then power off the Tello. When I power Up/Down in this sequence I have not had any issues with the repeater losing its configuration again, even if I don't fly for a while and it just sits for days. Hope this helps!
Sorry. So I do have to reconfigure the repeater first.?

xcrost

Reaction score
I have a couple of these and they seem to lose config. if there is a quick "on-off-on" with the power. Check your cable or power bank for a loose connection. Avoid powering on then quickly off etc. I personally have never had to follow any sequence using the TelloFPV app. and the repeater. Good luck! ;)

Reactions: Terry

Terry

Reaction score
I have a couple of these and they seem to lose config. if there is a quick "on-off-on" with the power. Check your cable or power bank for a loose connection. Avoid powering on then quickly off etc. I personally have never had to follow any sequence using the TelloFPV app. and the repeater. Good luck! ;)
Cheers

umanbean

Reaction score
Flashing yellow. Do i need to reconnect the repeater again?
Did you get your problem fixed after the movie last night? ;)

With the repeater plugged in, what name does it show on your phone Wi-Fi menu screen? It should be the name of your Tello with "_plus" added on the end. If it's any other, then yes it has lost connection to your Tello and reverted to factory settings.

Also, I found it better to 'forget' my home Wi-Fi so the phone doesn't keep trying to connect to it.

Last edited:

MNNJR69

Reaction score
Yes if you have lost configuration

This is the EXACT procedure I used and it works flawlessly! When you set up your account, make sure you use China-mainland as your location.

umanbean

Reaction score
I personally have never had to follow any sequence
I don't have to follow any certain sequence either... but I found it quickest and easiest to do the following:

-Open Tellofpv, then use the shortcut to go to the phone Wi-Fi screen.

- Plug in the repeater and the phone will start trying to connect to it and obtain an IP address.

-Power on Tello and wait for everything to connect. Once the repeater light is blue, if the phone doesn't automatically connect to "yourTello_plus" for some reason, then just manually connect.

-The back button takes you back to Tellofpv and everything is ready for takeoff

Last edited:

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rexphin