Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

WIFI+S Range Extender vs Xiami WIFI Repeater and Tello Channel choice

MrStacey, as I said, I live in Alabama, very much in the US. And as you said...you will contact me when you have these things. That’d be super. Thank you very much. ?
Paul,
The Tracking link for my package shows it landed at JFK in New York around four o'clock on August 31. So now, we wait on US Customs to **** around with it. I checked this morning & it's still there.
Yes, when the time comes, I'll message you here, then you can email me your address to me at "[email protected]."

Here's one:

And another:
Amazon.com: Docooler PIX-Link USB Wi-Fi Range Extender Wireless WiFi Repeater Dual Antenna WiFi Signal Booster Amplifier AP Reapter 300Mbps 802.11b/g/n: Computers & Accessories

And one from a 3rd party seller:
Amazon.com: Festnight PIX-Link USB Wi-Fi Range Extender Wireless WiFi Repeater Dual Antenna WiFi Signal Booster Amplifier AP Reapter 300Mbps 802.11b/g/n: Gateway

------------------------------------------
I don't know what happened to make those links different but they all work.

There are many others on Amazon you just have to dig for 'em... sorry but I don't have time to do it for you.

Here's one:

And another:
Amazon.com: Docooler PIX-Link USB Wi-Fi Range Extender Wireless WiFi Repeater Dual Antenna WiFi Signal Booster Amplifier AP Reapter 300Mbps 802.11b/g/n: Computers & Accessories

And one from a 3rd party seller:
Amazon.com: Festnight PIX-Link USB Wi-Fi Range Extender Wireless WiFi Repeater Dual Antenna WiFi Signal Booster Amplifier AP Reapter 300Mbps 802.11b/g/n: Gateway

------------------------------------------
I don't know what happened to make those links different but they all work.

There are many others on Amazon you just have to dig for 'em... sorry but I don't have time to do it for you.
Thanx, you've done quite enuff! Have you used any of these? I can't figure out why they say "In stock" but are not available until September 25th! Weird! After our messages earlier 2day, I went on Amazon & found the Pix model. I am going to call their tech support and see if these will do what the Xiaomi 2 does. But if you used them, then your word is good enough for me!

Thank You!

But if you used them, then your word is good enough for me!
Wait a minute - I never said I used those, only said I knew how to find them.

I have two Xiaomi Mi 2 repeaters I'm happy with. I don't use an extender/repeater so that I can try and fly 1000 meters, to me that's ludicrous with a Tello - I use them so I can get stronger video and control signals if I want to use my Gamesir T1s controller via bluetooth

Wait a minute - I never said I used those, only said I knew how to find them.

I have two Xiaomi Mi 2 repeaters I'm happy with. I don't use an extender/repeater so that I can try and fly 1000 meters, to me that's ludicrous with a Tello - I use them so I can get stronger video and control signals if I want to use my Gamesir T1s controller via bluetooth
I agree - I just want smooth video also. I'm not interested in losing my Tello in the clouds either; there are those who want to brag how high & how far they can go and more power to them. If I had a $2k Mavic Pro, then I'd try to video stuff for a fee, but the Tello, although fun, is too small & is limited by battery power.
I'm NOT happy with the Xiaomi 2 I have 'cos the bloody thing has to be reset/reconfigured every couple of weeks. It was working fine until one day it wasn't. Then I read about others having the same problem. I read that the other repeaters don't behave that way. I would hate to place an order for one of the PIX Repeaters, then not be able to configure it or worse, have it arrive the same time my other package does. I don't know why Amazon can't send one of the PIX units any sooner that September 11th, but that's the soonest they can get one to me.
No one was trying to make a mountain out of a molehill, but people just want an alternative to Xiaomi.
Thanx once again!

I'm NOT happy with the Xiaomi 2 I have 'cos the bloody thing has to be reset/reconfigured every couple of weeks.
I have no idea what's causing yours to need to be reconfigured but I've had one since December 2018 and it has never done that. I got another one with a second-hand Tello bundle I bought a few weeks ago and it's been fine ever since I first configured it.

Maybe they need to be plugged in every so-often so the EPROM doesn't forget? The thing is in a small package, and likely also has a small capacitor to keep the eprom powered up between plug-ins.

After I got the second Mi 2, I decided to rename #1. I keep the Mi Home app on an old phone which does not stay powered on, until I need it for something. Connecting to #1 and renaming it was easy and quick, so I don't see the problem in reprogramming one.

BTW, there are first gen Mavic Pros on eBay for 700 - 1000... I'm shopping for a Platinum

Echo @umanbean's sentiment. Have not had an issue with the Mi 2 resetting. It's been plug and play after setting and forgetting on a burner tablet.

No doubt @Mrstacey had a bad run with the Xiaomi that's leading him to pursue a non-domestic route. Keep us posted on how that product works out.

Perhaps a bad batch of Mi 2 hardware/firmware repeaters circulating in the wild.

@umanbean - no testing the Tello with Dorian. Be safe.

Last edited:
Another person (volate!l) who has problems with the Xiaomi. I just desire what Mrstacey is searching for; it’s all that on the positive side, while none on the negative side (what Xiaomi is displaying.)

And to think, there's a lucky few out there who don't have problems with them!

No offense, but I think the unlucky are the few... the lucky are the many/most. You just don't hear much from those for whom it works well.
Could it be? Maybe. Maybe not. But Mrstacey and I, among others, will continue to hold out for what we (rightfully?) consider to be the better/best. (We think we’re right.) ?

I know. I was merely joking. I don’t think one person is right and the other is wrong; I will just go with what I have, and be happy. As for the others, I wish the same for them.

It just seems like maybe we have gotten into a little argument, perhaps. But the truth lies in which one you decide to go with. Go with that; and be happy.

Hi all,

I keep flying my tello using this WIFI+S repeater. It 's giving me excellent performance and range.

As you know, I am curious about wifi channel usage. Remember my old study for Xiaomi Repeater: Tello WIFI channel selection

I did it again using WIFI+S Extender. Running Wifi Analizer free app I got this:

View attachment 4494

It's very curious. It seems Extender and Tello are not at the same channel, but overlapped.. :unsure:

Anyone can understand that graph ?
Did you scan too early? My wifi+ S extender always broadcast in the last channel it broadcast in after power-on. If I turn on the tello, tello selects a clear channel and then power on extender. Extender will take a while to switch to the same channel as tello. I tested this numerous times with a PC wifi analysis app. Your results only appear if I don't wait long enough for the extender to switch channel.

Did you scan too early? My wifi+ S extender always broadcast in the last channel it broadcast in after power-on. If I turn on the tello, tello selects a clear channel and then power on extender. Extender will take a while to switch to the same channel as tello. I tested this numerous times with a PC wifi analysis app. Your results only appear if I don't wait long enough for the extender to switch channel.
Good day Guotium,
Sorry but you really lost me here!!! I’m not an expert in WiFi signals but can you elaborate more on this, are you saying which order to switch on the Tello and the extender???
Regards

Yes, I waited enought. I got same results at the very end of every flight. Really curious :unsure:

Yes, I waited enought. I got same results at the very end of every flight. Really curious :unsure:
I only test pre-flight and extender always follows tello's channel choice.

@Maersk65 I am no WiFi expert. I have little ideas about what you are asking too. If you want the best possible wifi channel choice by tello you should always have tello switched on, wait til it flashes yellow (channel selected) then turn on other equipment like bt controllers and wifi extender. Before all this, have cellular and bt OFF on the phone (wifi and bt scan off too if on android). Hope that answers you.

Reactions: Maersk65

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv