Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Xiaomi Repeater wont' Stay Setup

Hydrostan

Reaction score
Yesterday for the 2nd time I had to re-install the Xiaomi repeater for the Tello. All went well, I flew it on 6 occasions during the day using the repeater. Today I try to fly and again...no repeater shows, no blue light. Instead of the TELLO_PLUS in my wifi connects, I get: "xiaomi-repeater-v2-Miapf4a2" Any suggestions/thoughts/ideas on how I can fix this??

Strange. It shoudl remember it's configuration. If not then just set-up the new connection. Also first turnoff wifi in the phone then turn tello wait and turn repeater and wait for blue light. JUst then turn on wifi in phone. If the phone conects to tello first then repeater will not connect.

Reactions: akward59
Strange. It shoudl remember it's configuration. If not then just set-up the new connection. Also first turnoff wifi in the phone then turn tello wait and turn repeater and wait for blue light. JUst then turn on wifi in phone. If the phone conects to tello first then repeater will not connect.
Hey, your method worked so far. Because I'm a new pilot I do an awful lot of reading and watching videos on the Tello, maybe too much! Anyway I had read somewhere in a post to do it in this sequence: 1. turn on repeater, 2. turn on Tello, 3. connect w/ phone. So now as you suggest I turn on Tello first, then the repeater. Thank you so much for the help...much appreciated!

Reactions: akward59
i guess you have a bad repeater just like me. Mine also has amnesia every other day.

Mine hasn't left the junk drawer for ages (but i have other repeaters or the job).

i guess you have a bad repeater just like me. Mine also has amnesia every other day.

Mine hasn't left the junk drawer for ages (but i have other repeaters or the job).
If this continues to happen mine will also be relegated to the junk pile...

I saw a review here in Italy which states that with the new versions of the Mi Home app it is no longer possible to configure Tello on Android .. and it solves the problem by deleting the app and installing an older version (Mi Home version: 5.4.60 apk )
I don't know if it's true or not, but we should try.

I saw a review here in Italy which states that with the new versions of the Mi Home app it is no longer possible to configure Tello on Android .. and it solves the problem by deleting the app and installing an older version (Mi Home version: 5.4.60 apk )
I don't know if it's true or not, but we should try.
Thanks Flydrone. Since I tried the suggestion by w84Death mine worked well at various times yesterday. I haven't tried it today so standby!

New Tello owner (today). I also read and watch YouTube too much to get my "training". And, even though I'm fairly adept technically (at least with software), my head is spinning over all the info and DIFFERENT WiFi+ connection methods ...or series...of connections.
I've run the Tello in the office and love it so far. Tomorrow, I go outside for a fly...Maybe without connecting the extender. So far, I've flown the Tello with a new WiFi name and password (drony 00000000) using the Tello app, downloaded the
Mi Home app, charged up a couple of decent sized USB power "blocks", unwrapped the WiFi+ extender, but am sort of paranoid about connecting the iPhone (X) to the extender and the Tello to the phone. Don't want to ruin my experience.
Especially after enjoying about ten rookie crashes into my stuff hanging off the walls on the office. Hahahaha! Any tips for the connection series that are "followable" (if that's a word). Thanks.

drony.jpg

After many hours trying the only that worked for me was installing an old apk version of the Mi Home app (3.7.5) AND install it on an old Android phone (mine has Android 9 and it didn't work). I used an old 1st gen Moto G with Android 5.1.
Unfortunately the app is in Chinese, but I was able to figure out:
1. In region I selected the first option (which is Mainland China)
2. Then I logged in with my Xiaomi account.
3. The app automatically found my wifi device so I selected it.
4. In the prompt I was able to select my Wifi network and after waiting for the 100% progress a new network had created with the same name as my primary network but with a "_plus" at the end.
Note: The "slave" device still blinks but the Wifi and ethernet work fine. My main speed is 50Mb but I get about 45 in the Xiaomi device, which is better than the 30 I was getting before.
Hope this helps people with the same problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clubfooted