Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

30 metre high club....Post your photos :)

You should never do such thing as flying through the window or using only FPV. FPV range is about 30m without WiFi repeater, even with WiFi repeater the range is questionable, it hardly depends on number of neighbor WiFi channels in use.
Yeah, I know. I didn't use a VR headset if that's what you mean. I had my eyes on the drone except when I wanted to snap a picture. When I looked up again, it was gone (or just a few meters to the side, but I couldn't see it), because of the wind.
I then used the video feed on my phone to understand where the drone was to safely bring it back. As soon as I could hear it again, I resumed EoD ("eyes on drone" lol).
I noticed the connection didn't drop. It's not a very dense part of town.

Reactions: Davenwolf
problem with these little drones is there is no RTH feature. So once you loose sight and probably can't even hear Tello you have to rely on the FPV stream.
But things look very different from 30m above, its blurry & shaky video and you can't direct the camera down to identify your spot. So you have to rely on landmarks further away.

Tello is IMO just the wrong drone for this kind of stuff. For reliable and safe high altitude flights you need GPS, otherwise you need luck.

My bebop 2 can do 150m, and get higher if I want to using a hack. But honestly its boring to fly up there. The only time i use this is to fly up on a hill.

The picture quality of this tiny drone is really exceptional. Not as good as the Dobby but better than my Bebop 2, which has other merrits. I bought one Tello for the kids but will buy another one for myself :)

I tried the Tello with the famous Xiaomi Nano Youth router with Mimo antennas as a range extender. This one can do wonders on the Bebop 2, range over open water is well above 3km, but the Bebop has Mimo antennas, too, and way more transmit power. I guess the Tello will be good for about 300-500m, so far I only tested up to 200m with full signal strength.

One final thing:
Even if Tello is a tiny toy I suggest not to fly above a highways. While tiny Tello would not do serious damage or injury even if it fell on someones head, just the impact on a windshield can scare someone and lead to serious accident. I know, I sound like an old fart but seriousy this is ****...

One final thing:
Even if Tello is a tiny toy I suggest not to fly above a highways. While tiny Tello would not do serious damage or injury even if it fell on someones head, just the impact on a windshield can scare someone and lead to serious accident. I know, I sound like an old fart but seriousy this is ****...

Ive been so tempted, especially seeing there is one a block from my home, yet the looming fear of reckless endangerment stops me. Your words further cemented this course of action in my brain so thank you ?

-M

Reactions: marceloaguiar
This is as high as it let me go up. No matter how much I press, it won't fly further. Still satisfied, did it with 14mph winds. Screenshot_20181118-160850_aTelloPilot.jpg

Edit: forgot to add this.
Screenshot_20181118-161636_UAV Forecast.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thepresentx