Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Always Shutting down Tello apps during flight

foxforty

Reaction score
My tello apps always shutting down during flight and I'm using IPAD mini 4 for screen view and also I'm using T1D controller, I'm very offset because it will not saved all my flight recording, imagine!, I'm flying for 7 mins afterwards my apps is shutting down and my tello hovering in the air just to wait to restarting the apps, when I check in the recording flight data, didn't save the flight, It's not happen just once but many times, I calibrate IMU also for 3 times but still the same, did you experience the same thing? any suggestion from all of you guys!

Thanks in advance for all your suggestion! :)

My tello apps always shutting down during flight and I'm using IPAD mini 4 for screen view and also I'm using T1D controller, I'm very offset because it will not saved all my flight recording, imagine!, I'm flying for 7 mins afterwards my apps is shutting down and my tello hovering in the air just to wait to restarting the apps, when I check in the recording flight data, didn't save the flight, It's not happen just once but many times, I calibrate IMU also for 3 times but still the same, did you experience the same thing? any suggestion from all of you guys!

Thanks in advance for all your suggestion! :)
Did you update your phone? always update for stability... Android now have the update to fix crashes... recently iOS have update too... check if you have the update for fixing crashes application

Reactions: Mjones
Did you update your phone? always update for stability... Android now have the update to fix crashes... recently iOS have update too... check if you have the update for fixing crashes application

Yes! I always check the update of IOS before flying. and still the same, that's why I didn't raise the fly of my tello morethan 40ft, before, I fly maximum flight of 100 ft vertically, now I didn't attempt to the same height, because I have experience 5 days ago, I raised upto 100ft and the apps is shutting and might be loose my tello if the wind getting strong I'm very lucky it was morning and the wind is tolerable to fly my tello and easily restart the apps. so I learned my lesson not to fly as of now as high as 50ft it might loose my tello until I resolve the issue. Anyway folks thanks for the suggestion. really appreciate.

Yes! I always check the update of IOS before flying. and still the same, that's why I didn't raise the fly of my tello morethan 40ft, before, I fly maximum flight of 100 ft vertically, now I didn't attempt to the same height, because I have experience 5 days ago, I raised upto 100ft and the apps is shutting and might be loose my tello if the wind getting strong I'm very lucky it was morning and the wind is tolerable to fly my tello and easily restart the apps. so I learned my lesson not to fly as of now as high as 50ft it might loose my tello until I resolve the issue. Anyway folks thanks for the suggestion. really appreciate.
This a known issue with iOS. I also use an iPad Mini 4 and it crashes. We will have to wait until Ryze launches a new update to fix this. In the meantime, if you have an android device, use that to satisfy your Tello flying needs.

This a known issue with iOS. I also use an iPad Mini 4 and it crashes. We will have to wait until Ryze launches a new update to fix this. In the meantime, if you have an android device, use that to satisfy your Tello flying needs.

Ah ok! I thought I’m the only experience the same fate in tello using the IPAD MINI 4, I wish that our conversation will extend to technical people of DJI RYZE TELLO to solve this issue. Thanks Folks for the nice suggestion, I appreciate very much. :)

Reactions: Ansia
Ryze is aware of the issue, but won’t give us a timeframe on when the new update is coming out.

Does the problem happen w. your iPhone as well?? May be specific to the iPad ... and maybe recent iOS update ??

Does the problem happen w. your iPhone as well?? May be specific to the iPad ... and maybe recent iOS update ??
There is a thread about this somewhere in these forums. The bug consists of the video recording feature, makes the app freeze. It’s basically an iOS issue.

experience
Ryze is aware of the issue, but won’t give us a timeframe on when the new update is coming out.

Yeah thanks folks for the info, I hope everybody benefits this conversation so that they all aware some issue of the Rhyze Tello, lets just wait for the Rhyze company to solve this issue, but for me, overall Tello is good as a beginner for flying drone.

It won't happen in my Iphone 6, only in IPAD Mini 4 and my Android phone, apps automatically shut off during flight time. so I just maintain my flight up to 40 to 50ft just incase it will shut off the apps I'll be safe to easily fly down when apps restarted because we cannot expect the wind when it will come. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karlyan